Post-Game Talk: Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I guess we’re onto Laf now that Chytil & Kakko look like players. He even had a PP Point tonight! Have some patience with 21-22 year olds and enjoy our 5th straight win.
He doesn't want to enjoy it. He'd rather believe he's right even if he's wrong.

I don't think Gallant cares. The team's puck movement is horrible, but that's his system/approach more than the lines.

Gallant's number one priority is to keep his sniffer above the water, which is understandable but not necessarily conducive to good hockey.
He'd be the first coach in any sport who didn't care about winning.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Laf made a number of bad plays to mess up rushes for his line. Always trying to pass to someone way over there. Wish he'd carry or dump it more often. Bad decisions. Needs coaching.
I am sure I am not the only one in noticing that he simply doesn't move his feet. Gets STOPPED all to easily. Why? Because he doesn't skate.
You just KNOW he has immense talent, but this is the NHL . He needs to seriously get a skating expert to help him with that.
Please tell me I am NOT imagining this, or I am wrong.
I need confirmation. I feel helpless because I cannot skate well either.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
I thought Laf looked really good in the first period. Maybe the most jump he's shown in a while.

2nd and 3rd, not so much.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Rewatched that all or nothing on amazing following the Leafs in 2021. Damn you just get the sense that they treated Jimmy like absolute dogshit. Bunch of cocky f***boys on that leafs team. Glad he got some revenge last night, must have felt so good

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I am sure I am not the only one in noticing that he simply doesn't move his feet. Gets STOPPED all to easily. Why? Because he doesn't skate.
You just KNOW he has immense talent, but this is the NHL . He needs to seriously get a skating expert to help him with that.
Please tell me I am NOT imagining this, or I am wrong.
I need confirmation. I feel helpless because I cannot skate well either.
Yeah, agreed. He stops all the time. Mika never seems to stop.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Watched their telecast as well. I really like hearing objective views about our team. Somehow didn't hear that comment, but it was very clear that the ice was bad, this team has to deal with that MUCH of the time, so I guess we are used to it, and prob one of the reasons as to why we aren't deemed a "fast" team. I mean, how could they be for at least 20-30 of them?
Yeah, I thought they did a good broadcast. More actual play-by-play than we get from Sam & Joe.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Now that Chytil and Kakko are looking strong, I'd like to see them get more minutes.

Still too much filler playing way too much.
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko. Kreider doesn’t need to carry the puck much with those two, can crash the net, and I always thought Laf was the guy who didn’t fit on that line.

Try Laf-Trocheck-Vesey or Laf-Trocheck-Kravtsov

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Will they?

I am keen to see because THE IDENTITY of this team is schizophrenic

That includes everyone's love of the playoff run last season.

I wanna see SOME... ANY... consistency

Until then it's good and bad nights and sometimes they stack up (hence 5-8 game losing or winning streaks)
I didnt say it in that they will, more so that they can or should. I thought that was obvious ha

Reactions: Riche16

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko. Kreider doesn’t need to carry the puck much with those two, can crash the net, and I always thought Laf was the guy who didn’t fit on that line.

Try Laf-Trocheck-Kakko

Reactions: Ned Braden

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Hell of a performance. Igor really earned his keep. Maybe they turned the corner. Still not a contender by a long shot, but I’ll gladly take a winning team over a losing one.

As long as the Rangers make the big dance they are as much a contender as anyone in the East. I’d put Boston and possibly Tampa ahead and that’s it

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

those are our 3 best even strength forwards. Should probably be a dominant line

Unfortunately Gallant wants his vets all one one line so he can 'trust them' to play defense.

Panarin Zibs Laffy
Kreider Chytil Kakko
Goodrow Trocheck Kravtsov
Vesey Brodz Gauthier

Reactions: mrhockey193195

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Last 5 games: 10.8% 5v5 sh%
Season excluding the last 5 games: 7.5%

Last 5 games: 20.0% 5v4 sh%
Season excluding the last 5 games: 10.3%

Surprisingly when the team starts to "look good" and "turn it around" it just so happens to be the exact same time they go on a shooting percent binge relative to how they had been.
Shooting percentage coincides with them mixing up things more, if you ask me. They were so predictable earlier in the season.

Reactions: CLW and will1066

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
those are our 3 best even strength forwards. Should probably be a dominant line

Unfortunately Gallant wants his vets all one one line so he can 'trust them' to play defense.

Panarin Zibs Laffy
Kreider Chytil Kakko
Goodrow Trocheck Kravtsov
Vesey Brodz Gauthier
Laf on RW isn’t a thing

Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad