Jimmy Vesey First NHL Goal

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
oh yea it had nothing to do with buffalo offering him the most money... Then why didn't vesey sign cause of the tremendous future??/ after all you guys dealt assets for his rights to negotiate. Listen I think buffalo is going to be good.. Next year, or the year after a real threat even. However, your missing the bigger picture. NYR will never have a bad 10 years.. We have some real good young players and some good prospects coming up. this summer the defense will be upgrade..shattenkirk will most likely be added.. Gorts is yet to sign his first big ticket UFA since he took the job.. I think he makes a statement with shatty.. NYR will also trade for vatanen or trouba this year. Girardi will be gone by the end of this year one way or another and the rangers will always draw UFA's and young players.. New York City is the major adult playground when you make millions of dollars.. anything you want to do,see,hear or experience goes down there when you have enough cash.
Vesey went to a place he deemed would maximize his next contract.

And seriously, listen to Okposo's interviews. He wanted to be here. He only listened to us.

I don't think the city is enough to save you guys once Lundqvist is done, and I guess we'll just agree to disagree there. I don't think you guys are immune to bad stretches that every other franchise in the history of the league goes through.

Good on Vesey for the goal, btw. I'm rooting for him.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
It'll take him 4 months to decide where to keep the puck and he'll pick somewhere with no future.

You clearly dont know anything about the Rangers. They're a young team with lots of future. But hey believe whatever you want.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I love people on the main boards ******** on the Rangers saying how they suck and will always suck. The Rangers as has been shown are a young team. They're going to replenish their picks. Everyone wants to believe that their day is coming because they they don't like the fact that NY all things being equal is the #1 FA destination for players and the Rangers are willing to spend money.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Also this is a thread about Jimmy Vesey's first goal. Why did it become a thread about people arguing over how much the Rangers' future will suck. How is that relevant?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Vesey went to a place he deemed would maximize his next contract.

And seriously, listen to Okposo's interviews. He wanted to be here. He only listened to us.

I don't think the city is enough to save you guys once Lundqvist is done, and I guess we'll just agree to disagree there. I don't think you guys are immune to bad stretches that every other franchise in the history of the league goes through.

Good on Vesey for the goal, btw. I'm rooting for him.

This is complete speculation with no truth. NYR dont overpay for rfa´s second contract. We very often bridge them like with Hayes, Miller and Kreider.
Zucc resigned as a UFA for a bargain deal at 4,5 a year*4. Brass resigned as a ufa for 5*5 i think.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
It'll take him 4 months to decide where to keep the puck and he'll pick somewhere with no future.

mcnulty-shrug.gif

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Also this is a thread about Jimmy Vesey's first goal. Why did it become a thread about people arguing over how much the Rangers' future will suck. How is that relevant?

They are mad at Vesey because he followed and took advantage of the rules in place.

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
signing Hayes and Vesey washes out the trading of 1st round picks...nothing was lost on the Rangers part they still were able to replenish the team with young talent

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I feel like every thread about a Rangers prospect doing well just turns into endless circlejerking about how "their pool sucks" and "they have no future/top end talent" and becomes some "unit"-measuring competition.

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

This was a nice goal. Heads up play. He also had a great play behind the net on the Staal goal (I believe?).

This will be a nice boost to his confidence and hopefully him and Step/Zucc start burying some more. That line has some good stuff going, and Vesey has been close to getting a few goals the past few games.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
signing Hayes and Vesey washes out the trading of 1st round picks...nothing was lost on the Rangers part they still were able to replenish the team with young talent

we also got Zuccarello for free and I'd take him over most players who were drafted at the bottom of the first round 2013 and onwards.

And we got Zibber from a line of free assets. Gaborik who we signed as a UFA was flipped for Brassard who we obviously traded for Zibanejad who is our most valuable asset under the age of 25.

The Rangers always manage to do pretty well when it comes to replacing the assets that were lost with all the traded picks. It's probably why everyone hates the Rangers on this board.

Drink it in mannnn

Last edited:

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
I don't like the Rangers because of everything the Rangers fans are saying in here is true. :laugh: They've rebuilt on the fly and look promising. Once Henrik retires they'll just sign or trade for another high end goalie and keep on going. NYR have a great operation because of that players want to go there. Argue all you want It's fact!

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
we also got Zuccarello for free and I'd take him over most players who were drafted at the bottom of the first round 2013 and onwards.

And we got Zibber from a line of free assets. Gaborik who we signed as a UFA was flipped for Brassard who we obviously traded for Zibanejad who is our most valuable asset under the age of 25.

The Rangers always manage to do pretty well when it comes to replacing the assets that were lost with all the traded picks. It's probably why everyone hates the Rangers on this board.

Drink it in mannnn

The Rangers aren't hated on nearly as much as the Toronto Maple Leafs.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I don't like the Rangers because of everything the Rangers fans are saying in here is true. :laugh: They've rebuilt on the fly and look promising. Once Henrik retires they'll just sign or trade for another high end goalie and keep on going. NYR have a great operation because of that players want to go there. Argue all you want It's fact!

We have a very deep goaltending pool. It's probably the strongest part of the entire organization.

Shestyorkin is a top 5-10 prospect.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
We have a very deep goaltending pool. It's probably the strongest part of the entire organization.

Shestyorkin is a top 5-10 prospect.

It would be wise for people slamming the Rangers to remember his name.

He looks great as a kid in a pretty god league...

They also have 3-4 other very good G prospects...

But what is funny, is that people forget you really don't need a generational goalie to win a Cup anymore.

They pick up a big time D man, buyout Girard and have Ryan Graves continue his rise, and they are going to be contending for years- whether they can win a Cup is another story...I think you have to crap out or Tank like so many other recent winners have done to get that extreme high-end talent.

Still, have respect that my team never tries to lose a game...ever.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It would be wise for people slamming the Rangers to remember his name.

He looks great as a kid in a pretty god league...

They also have 3-4 other very good G prospects...

But what is funny, is that people forget you really don't need a generational goalie to win a Cup anymore.

They pick up a big time D man, buyout Girard and have Ryan Graves continue his rise, and they are going to be contending for years- whether they can win a Cup is another story...I think you have to crap out or Tank like so many other recent winners have done to get that extreme high-end talent.

Still, have respect that my team never tries to lose a game...ever.

Yeah. The Rangers have to build their team this way because they've been a playoff team every year since the lockout. The one year they missed they were eliminated on the final game of the season in a shootout. So we've never drafted inside the top 10, let alone the top 5. Where MOST of the high end, can't miss franchise changing talent is. And MOST of the top teams in the league, their best players are top 5 talents.

The one franchise changing talent we had unfortunately passed away. Not many teams would be able to bounce back from that like the Rangers have.

To the Buffalo fan saying how bright their future is. I guess it must be great to suck?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

It seems you're a Leafs fan. Curious why it wouldn't be the same for Canada's New York when most of the league is still Canadian. Sorry to take this a bit off topic.

buttman*

Drink it in mannnn

They are doing pretty well. But let's not kid ourselves. NOne of the above are stars and stars are what it takes to win Cups. So while it's a nice collection, it's not nearly enough and NOBODY is jealous like was claimed in this thread. :laugh:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I've analyzed this post with a team of experts and we've come to the conclusion that it is indeed a list of hockey players.

Haha no kidding. Was that supposed to blow anyone away?

Wishing Vesey nothing but the worst (in hockey) and hoping they one day force players to begin their careers with the teams that draft them. Looks good thru 3 games tho.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Haha no kidding. Was that supposed to blow anyone away?

Wishing Vesey nothing but the worst (in hockey) and hoping they one day force players to begin their careers with the teams that draft them. Looks good thru 3 games tho.

It's not a list of superstars but the Rangers have one of the deeper groups of forwards in the NHL and they're mostly young. No one was trying to prove that we have another McDavid or Crosby on the team. Can you seriously not understand that no one was claiming we have a bunch of superstars?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They are doing pretty well. But let's not kid ourselves. NOne of the above are stars and stars are what it takes to win Cups. So while it's a nice collection, it's not nearly enough and NOBODY is jealous like was claimed in this thread. :laugh:

Buchnevich can become a 1st liner player. He's played 2 games and was very good in the KHL. I doubt Vesey becomes a star but these two players played 5 games between them. You saying that they're not going to be stars based on what?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Also Kreider and Zibby are playing like stars now. I don't know what they'll be. But there's a chance they progress to 1st line players. People making proclamations about what these players will be like they have a crystal ball.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Hate to say it but there isn't a first line prospect/player in the younger group lol. NYR really really need some top end prospects.

That's what I see too. Years of no 1st round picks is going to catch up the Rags in the high end talent department. A lot of those players are going to be good, but in this game, you need some great ones too, and I just don't see any great ones there. Time will tell.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

We dont need to get a new goalie. Have great goalie prospects. That russian guy we picked in the 4th round in 2014 for example is tearing it up in the KHL as a 20 year old.
His stats so far this season:
2016-17 SKA St. Petersburg 16GP GAA 1.57 save percentage .940

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA