Jimmy Vesey First NHL Goal

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Or trade your draft picks for aging MSL.

You mean when we went to the Finals? yea, i'd call that a good trade.

Crazy how a fan of a team who has only made the playoffs once in the last 12 years ..can even say that was a bad trade. How nice was it seeing Kessel lift the cup, nice trade :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Looking at that list, I don't know if I've ever seen a team with a forward corps this good and a D corps this bad.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Mcdonagh(27)
Staal(29)
Zucc(29)
Stepan(26)
Hayes(24)
Kreider(25)
Zibanajad(23)
Buchnevich(21)
Fast(24)
Miller(23)
Vesey(23)
Clendening(23)
Mcilrath(24)
Skjei(22)
Pirri(25)
Grabner(29)
Jooris(26)

Nash(32)
Lundquist(34)
Girardi(32)
Klein(31)

No future..... 8th youngest team in the NHL this season. We dont have alot of high end prospects but our team is actually pretty young. Forward group is very young and deep.
Dude don't bother. They're gonna score a million goals again this year, again, and people will still keep chirping.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Hate to say it but there isn't a first line prospect/player in the younger group lol. NYR really really need some top end prospects.

Well lets wait and see. Zibanajad(23) looks very good. Vesey looks like he will be a great top 6 forward. Buchnevich has all kinds of offensive talent. Still we dont need the first line prospects right now either. We have Zucc, kreider, Nash etc. We need them to be great top 6 and top 9 forwards now and hopefully some of them turn into top line forwards in 2-5 years.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Mcdonagh(27)
Staal(29)
Zucc(29)
Stepan(26)
Hayes(24)
Kreider(25)
Zibanajad(23)
Buchnevich(21)
Fast(24)
Miller(23)
Vesey(23)
Clendening(23)
Mcilrath(24)
Skjei(22)
Pirri(25)
Grabner(29)
Jooris(26)

Nash(32)
Lundquist(34)
Girardi(32)
Klein(31)

No future..... 8th youngest team in the NHL this season. We dont have alot of high end prospects but our team is actually pretty young. Forward group is very young and deep.

It's not even worth it to respond. I'm pretty sure that's the same guy who has been claiming for the past five seasons that Edmonton's d-corps is excellent and the only problem they have is goaltending.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
The guy literally said one thing as a joke and now Rangers fans are jumping all over it being insecure. Seriously? Lets just stick to the topic please.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
To me that looks like the youngest forward group in the nhl if not youngest then top 5 for sure

Probably top 5, but not the youngest. Toronto is younger, and likely to get even younger once Michalek and Bozak get traded this season, and they call up some Marlies.

Congrats to Vesey, he should be a decent player.

Last edited:

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
Looking at that list, I don't know if I've ever seen a team with a forward corps this good and a D corps this bad.

Agree. That D needs grading up. But I actually think it has good potential. McDonagh (still only 27) is an top 20 defender at least, so they have their number 1 set for 5-10 years if nothing bad happens.
But the rest of the D are at highest no3:s. And that´s what the youngsters are heading for kind of role as well. But they "only" need an good number 2 to actually look that d-core look good. Finding an top 30-80 D for the right price on the other hand... An Niklas Hjalmarsson-kind-of-presence on that team would quickly make the Rangers an top contender again.

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Mcdonagh(27)
Staal(29)
Zucc(29)
Stepan(26)
Hayes(24)
Kreider(25)
Zibanajad(23)
Buchnevich(21)
Fast(24)
Miller(23)
Vesey(23)
Clendening(23)
Mcilrath(24)
Skjei(22)
Pirri(25)
Grabner(29)
Jooris(26)

Nash(32)
Lundquist(34)
Girardi(32)
Klein(31)

So you just listed a bunch of players who while young either don't have any star potential or are already on a steep decline despite relatively young age (Grabner, Staal... Mcdonough is miles away from his top form too, but might recover)

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
So you just listed a bunch of players who while young either don't have any star potential or are already on a steep decline despite relatively young age (Grabner, Staal... Mcdonough is miles away from his top form too, but might recover)

All 3 of those players have been good this year, so you obviously haven't watched a single Rangers game. Oh, and Grabner was brought in to be on our 4th line not to be a star player.. We may not have any Crosby or Ovechkin on our team but our offense is as deep as any teams in the league.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
And we're so jealous of teams that finish dead last 2 years in a row.

But as we all know, on HFbaords prospects > actually winning games.

Congrats buffalol
Yeah, our team did tank on purpose three and two years ago, you're right.

Doesn't change that there's no way in hell I'd ever trade the two rosters straight up. You guys are in for a crappy next decade or so.

Three years ago is not relevant to no-mans land, where the Rags are heading. It's not fun. We were there for ten years ourselves, until we decided to get that elite talent.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
no

Yeah, our team did tank on purpose three and two years ago, you're right.

Doesn't change that there's no way in hell I'd ever trade the two rosters straight up. You guys are in for a crappy next decade or so.

Three years ago is not relevant to no-mans land, where the Rags are heading. It's not fun. We were there for ten years ourselves, until we decided to get that elite talent.

see this is where your flat out wrong.. NYR will continue to build his young core and then maybe when Eichel comes UFA we will sign him.. See even after all the traded draft picks, traded prospects, and so called crappy prospect pools the rangers are still good and will continue to be. NY City is a huge ticket for players and they will always choose to play there over cities like buffalo. EX you can trade first RD picks to go for it when the team can attract players like Hayes and Vesey to come in and replenish the ranks.. Most other teams will never understand that. AS far as the defense,, it will be revamped by next year after the expansion...rangers may not have a crosby,malkin, Ovi but they will do it by committee. They are young and hungry, and deep.. IT also helps when money is no object and the City is paramount in attracting FA's and UFA's

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
see this is where your flat out wrong.. NYR will continue to build his young core and then maybe when Eichel comes UFA we will sign him.. See even after all the traded draft picks, traded prospects, and so called crappy prospect pools the rangers are still good and will continue to be. NY City is a huge ticket for players and they will always choose to play there over cities like buffalo. EX you can trade first RD picks to go for it when the team can attract players like Hayes and Vesey to come in and replenish the ranks.. Most other teams will never understand that. AS far as the defense,, it will be revamped by next year after the expansion...rangers may not have a crosby,malkin, Ovi but they will do it by committee. They are young and hungry, and deep.. IT also helps when money is no object and the City is paramount in attracting FA's and UFA's

Ah yes. Sabres are in a worse place moving forwards because Eichel will be poached, and they had to settle for a no-name like Okposo while the great one, Jimmy Vesey, chooses NYR.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
yea

Ah yes. Sabres are in a worse place moving forwards because Eichel will be poached, and they had to settle for a no-name like Okposo while the great one, Jimmy Vesey, chooses NYR.

and i got news for ya, if the rangers wanted okoposo he would be on the rangers

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
HA

False. He wanted to come here, he only had discussions with GMTM. He has ties to the area, is good friends with Moulson, and wanted to be on a team with a tremendous future.

oh yea it had nothing to do with buffalo offering him the most money... Then why didn't vesey sign cause of the tremendous future??/ after all you guys dealt assets for his rights to negotiate. Listen I think buffalo is going to be good.. Next year, or the year after a real threat even. However, your missing the bigger picture. NYR will never have a bad 10 years.. We have some real good young players and some good prospects coming up. this summer the defense will be upgrade..shattenkirk will most likely be added.. Gorts is yet to sign his first big ticket UFA since he took the job.. I think he makes a statement with shatty.. NYR will also trade for vatanen or trouba this year. Girardi will be gone by the end of this year one way or another and the rangers will always draw UFA's and young players.. New York City is the major adult playground when you make millions of dollars.. anything you want to do,see,hear or experience goes down there when you have enough cash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad