Waived: Jimmy Vesey - Claimed by Canucks

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Hey guys, can you guys give us a little bit of a scouting report on him?

We have probably the worst bottom six in the entire league right now, lots of injuries.

From just small glances, he did not seem that bad.

Thanks

I think a lot of people have touched on it: Meh. You probably won't hate him. Probably won't love him. Perfect for a $900k player. He'll be fine.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Was worth a shot, no great loss.
Still don’t get the Lehtonen move
...you didnt see the first 2 goals vs Hutch last game? ...the played used to get the asset is confusing yes, but, Hutch SUCKS!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
...you didnt see the first 2 goals vs Hutch last game? ...the played used to get the asset is confusing yes, but, Hutch SUCKS!
Yeah was brutal. This guy isn’t going to solve that though.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I'm old enough to remember when most of the NHL talking heads were saying if the Leafs landed Vesey, they could get rid of Willy.

i remember that, it was said during a game, I cant remember who said it though, dunno if thats true because Lou was GM at the time I believe

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Hey guys Canucks fan stopping by to say OMG a 2 goal 5 assist player not making 3.5 Million dollars HOW DID WE EVER GET SO LUCKY

Honestly though not expecting much from this guy but new blood is always interesting

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Good move by Dubas. Vesey has a good opportunity now in Vancouver. Leafs have to make changes and a trade is clearly around the corner. Glad to see Galchenyuk in the lineup. Habs ruined his development. If Toronto can't turn his career around, no organization can. I expect him to earn a steady role. Hoping Sabourin can get in the mix as well and for a solid player to be added via trade.

Last edited:

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
lol, what didnt you like about him, not enough goals?
With Vesey Im mostly kidding , I don’t mind him but in my opinion is a AHLer that’s all
Good kid , just not enough on all areas that’s all
I kid about him because most people here know my feelings about mediocre and or less than mediocre players on our team in the bottom 6 and everywhere mind you .
I think we are desperate for a couple of young warrior lions there with a bark and a bite .
I know I’m old school and I’m not talking about fighters .. I’m talking more about Hitters and scrapers and hard nosed to blend in with our smoothies that’s all
I dislike the play of Pierre a hell of a lot more , he’s def my least favourite of all the leafs and I’m not fond of Kerplunk
I would also like to see more of our young lads playing more in the bottom 6
So as far as Vesey goes , I wish him well
He’s just not good enough in all the areas of a NHL player that’s all , nothing personal in any way ...

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Dreger is awful. He is a hack who peddles on rumor with zero ability to evaluate talent.

I've never seen an insider say so many words and say so little, it's like the old saying you can dazzle them with knowledge or baffle them with bullshit... Dregger subscribes to the second part of that old saying... I've never come away after listening to Dregger thinking,,, hmmm I learned something of value today...

Reactions: geo25

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Perfect s
I actually think Lethonen will be an NHL dman, I think he needed a bit more time to transition.

Really a perfect storm of bad luck for him.
Limited training camp and no exhibition games.
BOGO panning out as an every day 3rd pairing D.
Dermott stepping up
No D injuries.

All those items played a factor, there just wasn't a reason to play him for an extended amount of games.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Good move by Dubas. Vesey has a good opportunity now in Vancouver. Leafs have to make changes and a trade is clearly around the corner. Glad to see Galchenyuk in the lineup. Habs ruined his development. If Toronto can't turn his career around, no organization can. I expect him to earn a steady role. Hoping Sabourin can get in the mix as well and for a solid player to be added via trade.

Not sure Vesey will every get a better shot than he had in Toronto. EXTENDED Top 6 minutes with the big dogs.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
-Vessey was a 30g scorer
-Lehtonen was a high quality top 4 D
-Barnanov was a great bottom 6er

and the great thing is we get to do this every summer , lol

diju mean Barbarino;)
tenor.gif

Reactions: LeafSteel

Ad