Waived: Jimmy Vesey - Claimed by Canucks

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
The positive here is that Galchenyuk will get his shot. I really think we're going to like what he brings.

Bold prediction: Galch sticks on Tavares' wing, and scores at a 30 goal pace the rest of the way.

Reactions: francis246

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think he was claimed by Vancouver to flip at the deadline for a 4th or 5th round pick.
He'd be an upgrade at a palatable cap hit (pending UFA too ) for a team with a weak bottom 6 that needs someone who isnt a glaring liability.

Then why wouldn't the Leafs just move him to said team for a 4th or 5th round pick right now? Unless Vesey gets significantly better or a team suddenly suffers a bunch of injuries and has a huge need, I am fairly sure the Leafs would have just moved him themselves.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Good 4th liner/taxi squad player wasn't getting enough reps here, oh well.
For all the people complaining about him, Vesey was pacing for 14 goals per 82...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
The positive here is that Galchenyuk will get his shot. I really think we're going to like what he brings.

Bold prediction: Galch sticks on Tavares' wing, and scores at a 30 goal pace the rest of the way.
When I think of Gally I always remember what my good buddy Habs super fan always says ... he is kinda like one of those guys who you don't even notice on ice for games on end until he makes a highlight reel play or gives up a puck for a goal against ... either way then you will notice him good or terrible ... but bottom line he does not bring it enough to keep him around ... for me we don't need guys like that who only bring it once every 7 games and even then it could be a terrible result ... don't see him lasting more than a game or two here

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I remember all the hype with Vesey when he first arrived in the NHL.

The word "sweepstakes" was even used.

The same with that goalie. O'Connor.

So many of these hyped NCAA stars never turn out to much.
Doesn't everyone remember this overwhelming sentiment?

"I hope they sign Vesey, then they can trade Nylander!"

Good times....

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
When I think of Gally I always remember what my good buddy Habs super fan always says ... he is kinda like one of those guys who you don't even notice on ice for games on end until he makes a highlight reel play or gives up a puck for a goal against ... either way then you will notice him good or terrible ... but bottom line he does not bring it enough to keep him around ... for me we don't need guys like that who only bring it once every 7 games and even then it could be a terrible result ... don't see him lasting more than a game or two here
Sounds like a majority of the current team

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Another plus.

Could you imagine if the Leafs end up somehow facing the Habs in the playoffs.

Chucky gets the series winning goal. HFB meltdown ensures.
Start popcorn and Enjoy

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

I think he'll score at less than 15 goal pace.

I'm not sure why everyone's so excited about him

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad