Waived: Jimmy Vesey - Claimed by Canucks

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
This was a long time coming. He should have been scratched ages ago. I doubt he will be missed.

In regards to everybody saying Vesey is good defensively and plays the PK: he had the worst +/- (-4) on a team that’s has a +23 goal differential. He also has the 2nd worse CF% rel (among regulars) on the team.

Also, about him playing the PK, the team’s PK is near the bottom of the league. While I wouldn’t say it’s solely his fault for that, he still had the 2nd worst GA/60 among PKing forwards.

Even the eye test seems to skew towards him being weak defensively, unless spinning around and falling on the ice is some sort of defensive talent.

Can anybody explain what I’m missing here?

Reactions: Kurtz

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
-Vessey was a 30g scorer
-Lehtonen was a high quality top 4 D
-Barnanov was a great bottom 6er

and the great thing is we get to do this every summer , lol
Hopefully we find another Mikheyev too. Good thing is they want to come play for us for a number of reasons. I don’t mind that process. Zaitsev still playing big minutes for Ottawa decent player. Lou screwed him over paying and wrecked his perception at the money and term.
Barabanov is like a rookie for me developing on the Marlies. I love it and think the culture shock and language barrier must be overwhelming sometimes. Soon as that stuff alleviates itself we have a player. Ha i think I’m in a small minorty that likes his game. Not saying it’s great but he does the right things. Zero confidence before he left but positionally great every shift and his feet just move constantly. His head is always on the swivel for a short take. He’s a aware player defensively all the time

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
And Mikheyev Thornton Spezza Holl Bogo Boyd all look damn good.
how damn good do they look outside of MIK and maybe Holl who looks like he's starting to fade like he did last year and which ones of those damn good lookers will be here next year . lol

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
they all look much better than you thought they would. so egg on your face.
the only one performing better than i thought was Bogo but i'm not surprised you left out the rest of the scrap heap pick ups and our russian superstars you were so high on

also why don't you let us know you again how you believe Kerfoot is outplaying Kadri , lol

Last edited:

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Perfect s

Really a perfect storm of bad luck for him.
Limited training camp and no exhibition games.
BOGO panning out as an every day 3rd pairing D.
Dermott stepping up
No D injuries.

All those items played a factor, there just wasn't a reason to play him for an extended amount of games.
I agree. Just wanted to point out. him being given away is not an indictment on his potential to be a NHL Dman. I think he will be come a top 6 in the NHL, but just too bad we could not keep him. I really think in a normal year with Exhibition games, it would have gone a long way to make the t

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
And Mikheyev Thornton Spezza Holl Bogo Boyd all look damn good.

Agreed except for Boyd. He has been brutal all year except he is now not producing so it is even worse. I would rather give Petan a chance as a center on that 4th line TBH, and we have Galchenyuk and Barabanov as wingers.

Malgin is also coming back eventually and he played all year in the NLA as a center so maybe he is worth a shot as the 4C to pair with Spezza too... if we need him to enter the lineup at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad