Post-Game Talk: Jimmy Howard proves the giving season is still upon us

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Going into tonight, i did not expect the Wings to get completely annihilated by a team that is ranked 12th in goals, 26th in goals against, 29th in PP and 26th in the PK.

Expected a bounce back win, and instead we got another no show performance. I hope Z has another fiery locker room speech ready to go.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Going into tonight, i did not expect the Wings to get completely annihilated by a team that is ranked 12th in goals, 26th in goals against, 29th in PP and 26th in the PK.

Expected a bounce back win, and instead we got another no show performance. I hope Z has another fiery locker room speech ready to go.

+1 Hard to recognize anything about Blashill's Postgame comments after yesterday. Wow, did he change much.
If he sticks to the same top 9 going into the Pens game on Thursday, I'm done with hoping for any changes and adjustments before the third period starts.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Sad that Holland flukes into drafting dats/Z in late rounds then proceeds to ice mediocre team after mediocre team wasting most of their careers

At least they managed to win a cup with Lidstrom

I feel so bad for the sedins. They're in the same situation as dats/Z are, but they weren't fortuitous enough to join a team with a top 3 dman of all time to help them win their own cup

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
thought they actually played better tonight than yesterday (not saying much though) wings were coming on right before the backbreaking 3rd goal that howard has to stop

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
+1 Hard to recognize anything about Blashill's Postgame comments after yesterday. Wow, did he change much.
If he sticks to the same top 9 going into the Pens game on Thursday, I'm done with hoping for any changes and adjustments before the third period starts.

I still have faith in Blash, but if the bolded is true he's gonna need to find a new biggest fan.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Clear separation between the two goalies Howard with 8 softies in 3 games

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
Sad that Holland flukes into drafting dats/Z in late rounds then proceeds to ice mediocre team after mediocre team wasting most of their careers

At least they managed to win a cup with Lidstrom

I feel so bad for the sedins. They're in the same situation as dats/Z are, but they weren't fortuitous enough to join a team with a top 3 dman of all time to help them win their own cup

Yep, so sad that they have had two great players that had a part to play in 2 cups and another finals appearance. Should have blown it up, or traded them when they found out they were good.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Can't believe people are ripping on Datsyuk. :shakehead He gets crap linemates, scores the only goal, led all forwards in minutes and was even in a 4-1 ass kicking.

Hope people enjoy not having him to kick around when the lineup is basically Z at 40% surrounded by tissue soft guys like Nyquist and Tatar, plugs like Abby and Helm, and a sterling defense that includes Nik Kronwall, Kyle Quincey and Jakub Kindl. :popcorn:

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Over the last 20 games.... Detroit now holds a record of 10 wins and 10 losses, luckily a lot of those were masked by "at least we got a point" but when we don't get that point it shows terribly. This team hasn't been great this season by any means, we just found away to steal loser points and a lot of times take 2 points and choke one away. I love the wings but something needs to change, where we are in the standings is a reflection of how good we are.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
Pavs had a hand in two Cups. Z has one.

The poster I was replying to combined them, so I responded to that post. So those two had a part in two cups and a couple more conference finals appearances. Maybe not together, but one of them at least. Their careers were not wasted. Sure holland could have done better, but that doesn't mean that they were wasted.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Like I was saying yesterday, maybe you guys can take Myers home with you and leave us Tatar +?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Wings-bench-Dec-29-2015-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Coach Blashill, Zetterberg, Howard & Smith.

To listen click here.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
So Green led defensemen in ice time followed by Kindl.

???

Did Glendening get everyone infected with the flu?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
3 games 4 nights. Glendenning has the flew "bad" according to Ken Daniels. That probably means the entire team is sick. Missing 2 top 4 defenseman and our best PK guy.

They get a pass on this road trip.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
How did your lines work out there Blashill?

Game by game, I am disliking this coach more and more. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to be able to see that these lines are bad. Yet every time I check, we have Datsyuk with Helm and Richards.

I will not watch another game until the lines are changed, I've been calling for this for 2 weeks now, yet every single game, Datsyuk-Helm-Richards.

It seems rather evident to me that blashill was a product of his environment in GR. Those teams were good based on the players, not because of this guy. These lines were stale 2 weeks ago, now it's jure purely comical when I check the lines after the morning skate, and every time......Datsyuk-Helm-Richards.

Figure it out.

Goodnight. Rant over.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca