Jimmy Hayes

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Solid article, great work!

2 yrs @ $2.25mil per? :dunno:

Thank you!

--

He nearly went to arbitration last year, so with a "career year" he may be wanting more.

GR said Tallon started contract talks with Hayes and Huberdeau already

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think that's pretty fair.

Thank you!

--

He nearly went to arbitration last year, so with a "career year" he may be wanting more.

I think most will agree, 2yrs is the perfect term but anymore than $3mil and it's an over-payment. He needs to have this type of production at least 2 years in a row if I was to give him more $$.

I hope his net front presence (deflections and screening) gets better this year along with some more grit/toughness along the boards.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Thank you!

--

Oh, the Hayes boys are all about $$$. I see this going to arbitration.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
nailed it!!!! when is he a ufa? i'd say 2.5 mill.- 3 mill. through his 1st year of free agency, or longer.

UFA is 27 years old or 7 years in the NHL

Hayes is 25 and has only been in the league since 2011

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Poor defensively, doesn't use his size, and his shooting % was unsustainable, he is realistically a 10-15 goal scorer. He has 2 years left to change my mind. If Tallon is smart he only offers him 1 year to save him money.

1 year 2 million.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Good article! Very well-written. With career highs in goals and assists, I don't see this new contract going smoothly considering his history with arbitration. I can't see Tallon signing him to more than two years and no more than say $2.5-3M per.

I like his presence in front of the net to screen the opposing goaltender, but he's not fast and needs to use his size more often. With the offensive depth growing over the next couple of seasons, one has to think if he'll end up as he did in Chicago struggling to make the roster. Also, could this past season be a fluke? That's why I'd think just to sign him to a short-term deal.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
Poor defensively, doesn't use his size, and his shooting % was unsustainable, he is realistically a 10-15 goal scorer. He has 2 years left to change my mind. If Tallon is smart he only offers him 1 year to save him money.

1 year 2 million.

This is what I'm saying.. I can take JH or leave JH..

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm wondering if this is going to be peak Hayes, and thus we should sell high and use another asset to get an established top 6 winger.

I agree that his deal should be short term (no more than two years).

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I'd like to see him to contribute a bit more to the team. He's great at getting goals around the net but when he's not scoring he's basically invisible. Hopefully he works on some things this summer and continues to improve his skating.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think he gets a 1 year extension in the 2.5-2.75 million range.

Think he is a late bloomer, so I could see him improving on his game quite a bit, like he did from his first season here to last year.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I think he gets a 1 year extension in the 2.5-2.75 million range.

Think he is a late bloomer, so I could see him improving on his game quite a bit, like he did from his first season here to last year.

I like Hayes also. I think he'll get better.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If you pay him 2.75, you can't really pay him less the next year.

If he doesn't improve, then I doubt we pay him at all the following year. We will have, hopefully, more wingers ready to make the jump to the NHL like Grimaldi, Hawryluk(maybe), Howden and Brickley/FAs to improve the middle 6 wing(s).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00