Confirmed with Link: Jim Schoenfeld Steps Down

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Interesting. He was mainly in charge of Hartford I believe, or at least was for a long time. Maybe part of a bigger culture change down there.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
i do wonder what his duties have been in recent years, especially once drury took over hartford.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Wonder if he stepped down because they are going a different direction with the president position

Wouldn’t be shocking

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
It seems strange to have this much turnover when we are in the middle of a rebuild that seems to be going well to this point.
Not New York Jets strange. Just strange.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
It seems strange to have this much turnover when we are in the middle of a rebuild that seems to be going well to this point.

I think they just recognize it's time to move on and let new blood come in. Not that JD is "new blood" but just a different perspective.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

They're moving in a new direction and the old guard is slowly being disbanded.

Nothing strange about that.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Slats was 75. Schony is 66. They're old. I'm sure they loved what they did but probably thought it was time. I bet Schoenfeld discussed this with Slats before Glen stepped down. Schoenfeld has four grown kids and probably a bunch of grand kids by now. He probably wants to spend time with his family.

Gorton is 50. Drury is 42. They have Ortmeyer, Leetch, Richards, and Graves with prominent roles. I bet Gordie Clark, who is 66, will be gone soon as well. Who ever they bring in as President will probably be somewhere around Gorton/Leetch in age (unless it's JD). The new guard (even if it's the old guard). Risebrough and Barnett will be on their way out soon.

The team is transitioning to a new generation and so is the front office.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Slats was 75. Schony is 66. They're old. I'm sure they loved what they did but probably thought it was time. I bet Schoenfeld discussed this with Slats before Glen stepped down. Schoenfeld has four grown kids and probably a bunch of grand kids by now. He probably wants to spend time with his family.

Gorton is 50. Drury is 42. They have Ortmeyer, Leetch, Richards, and Graves with prominent roles. I bet Gordie Clark, who is 66, will be gone soon as well. Who ever they bring in as President will probably be somewhere around Gorton/Leetch in age. The new guard (even if it's the old guard). Risebrough and Barnett will be on their way out soon.

The team is transitioning to a new generation and so is the front office.
Bobrov (would’ve guessed Greeley before he left) taking over for Gordie is probably the next biggest change we’ll see in the next few years.

Didn’t Schoenfeld bring over Benoit Allaire with him from when he used to be a HC or did he work with the other Allaire brother?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bobrov (would’ve guessed Greeley before he left) taking over for Gordie is probably the next biggest change we’ll see in the next few years.

Didn’t Schoenfeld bring over Benoit Allaire with him from when he used to be a HC or did he work with the other Allaire brother?
Schony did work with Allaire for a few years in Phoenix, not sure if he brought him in, Benny spent a number of years in Phoenix after Schoenfeld left. I'm sure Schienfeld had input in the hire, if nothing else.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad