TSN: Jim Benning open to moving a defenseman for forward help

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
anyone convinced of Vancouvers defensive depth, should put on the Hawks-Canucks game right now. We shouldn't be trading anybody.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
anyone convinced of Vancouvers defensive depth, should put on the Hawks-Canucks game right now. We shouldn't be trading anybody.

Well shucks. Here I thought any struggles were caused by the absences of the likes of Erik "Warrior" Gudbranson and Philip "Superstar" Larsen... :sarcasm:

But seriously, I get the rationale b/c we do have more defense in-house.... that said, I would have to agree. Any move would be made on projection at this point (i.e. moving Hutton because Juolevi could jump up, etc) and represents a huge gamble as our D unit - while a strength with a certain amount of promise - is still quite green and subject to growing pains.... and no, I'm not just saying this because we're up against our archnemesis in the "Windy City".

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

Or just maybe the Hawks are still a top team while the Canucks aren't. That's like saying the Yotes shouldn't make trades when beating the Avs. One is just better than the other.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

Miller (although he's been very good this season) lost that game with his ridiculous overplay of the initial wide shot on the Hawk's third goal.

Nothing the defense did was as egregious as that error.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's only on pace for 40 points because he plays with Crosby lol

He has played with Crosby for like 10 games. He had 9 goals and 15 points in 30 games while mostly playing with Bonino earlier in the year. He has 9 points in 13 games with Sid though, so his production does improve with Crosby.

He will have a hard time getting those numbers in Vancouver without Malkin or crosby.

He put up a 20 goal and 40 point pace playing mostly with Bonino this year.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I would go further.

Tanev demko and a 2nd for tarasenko

We need to be more patient with Demko even tho hes struggled in the AHL this year. And i think we should hold onto as many picks as possible and be trying to get more as we need future pieces

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad