Jill-bear, Jill-bear :)

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
on fire. 3g, 3a, 6pts, 4pim, +2 tonight

5g, 4a, 9pts in the first 2 games of the series

and

16g, 11a, 27pts in 16gp in the playoffs.

cant wait to watch him centering Nash next year

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
The four consecutive " :shakehead " cracked me up. :biglaugh:

Anyway, I've admittedly seen very little of both Pouliot and Brule. But I've ready plenty of good things about him (Pouliot), so I remain hopeful that he will be a solid pro.

And even if Brule turns out to be a super-stud, it wouldn't be the first time that a player was drafted lower than he would have been if people could see into the future.

SedinFan*

jtuzzi said:
I'll make a bet that Brule turns out to be a better pro than Pouliot.

Brule can play a gritty game. Pouliot's somewhat soft for the most part considering his big frame.

I'd bet that Brule will turn out to be a better pro simply because he'll be able to adapt to different roles, whereas I don't feel Pouliot can do that.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Montreal and Minnesota really ****ed up big time. :)

How is it that ****ed up since we've traded Theo and we have Huet (if he's signed), Danis, Halak and Heino-Lindberg as possible starters or back-ups in the NHL. Price is potentially much superior than what we have right now.

Price should be ready in 2 or 3 years and being the NHL starter than most scouting services think he'll be.

I guess the ones who say that, are the same people who said that Pogge sucked when he struggled big time with his previous team......Now that he has some success with Calgary, he then becomes the next saviour.....

Just wait and see people, I know that every Montreal's prospect is overrated and all of yours are underrated but let's see how he develops and let's say how Brule handle the NHL, like not getting injured every 2 weeks.....

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Montreal and Minnesota really ****ed up big time. :)
They might not be the only ones. Right now, imo ,he's the best player in the CHL.
I have to admit monster ,I'm very impressed and I'm sure Dougies grinning from ear to ear.

Btw, are you impressed with my guy,yet? ;)

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
LeMAD said:
Most habs fans on these boards still think Andrei Kostitsyn will be a star :shakehead

Sometimes it takes players a long time to hit their stride.... Ryder, Williams, Naslund, Kovalev, Lecavalier... you cant tell until they are given a legitamite shot at the top level.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Bla Bla Bla....yes Brule walks on water, yes he will be a superstar, yes the other teams that picked first wasted their picks...Let me ask you....what wins Championships...scoring or goaltending.....

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Now lets see Sergei Kostyitsyn's stats and lets claim he's the second coming... :shakehead

Last edited:

The Jester

Apr 16, 2006
Vancouver
He is an absolutley unbelievable player. Living in Vancouver, I get to see him a lot, and he never ceases to amaze me. He is in a completley and utterly different league out there. Every time hes on the ice, something happens, and he has that ability to life you out of your seat.

The only thing that I think can stop him from being a star is himself. The style he plays may lead to many injuries in the NHL.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
battle axe said:
And he could have easily had more tonight....

Not to mention Hay sat him down for about 9 minutes in the third period, because believe it or not, he has a extremely bad case of the flu right now.

I was talking to Kraus the other day and he said that all he does in between shifts is sit at the end of the bench and cough like crazy.

I was going to make a post last night about this. I have NEVER seen this dominant of a performance. Brule not only was dominant offensively, he made several key defensive plays, not to mention he continues to throw hits like Jordin Tootoo did in his day. I remember one particular play on the penalty kill where Brule dove to knock the puck away from the defender, a clean shot on net would have been had, and this is when the score was 4-3.

I'm calling Brule for Rookie of the Year next year......even with Malkin around!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad