OT: jfont

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I joined HF with my first account around 2004-2005 and I was always interested In what he had to say. Sounds like he was a good man and I’m deeply saddened to hear how early he passed. Strength and patience to his family. Thanks for posting this, stay strong.

it’s weird I hope the old posters id used to see are alive and well, facewash, Ron Swanson, captain mittens. And I’m sure a bunch of others I’d quickly recognize.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That is tough news to share @Lou is God but I think we all thank you for passing it on.

Man, jfont was one of the first names I remember here, and definitely one of the first dark blues. Always was a thoughtful contributor, and was still involved as late as late 2021...always sad to lose anyone but especially such a long-term contributor, even if you haven't 'met'. This community is small and intimate enough that each one is sorely missed. Prayers go out to Jesus' family. With kids of similar age myself I can only imagine the hardship.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
To those of you who know Jesus, you know he is the most kind, honest, genuine, humble, gentle soul. He had a passion for family, good wine, and hockey (and not necessarily in that order), and for the native Californians, he even managed to convince us hockey was a real sport.

In 2012 and 2014 when the team won and some of the fans had passed, we celebrated the wins knowing that they were there with us.

May the Hockey Gods bless you with another Kings Cup some day.

:cheers:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
A February 27th, 2002 OG, meaning he was a posting here when this site was just 1 messageboard on hockeysfuture. Quite remarkable.

I had some heated discussions on the now defunct political board with him but always enjoyed his takes on Kings hockey. The letter he wrote to his wife was really special but difficult to read at the same time.

RIP Jesus.

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
One of the earliest posters whose name I remembered and recognized. Very tragic news... wishing peace and strength to his family and friends.

Reactions: KINGS17

Dooney

Jan 12, 2005
On the move
Shocked and deeply saddened to read this. Jfont was always very kind to me. RIP Jesus and my prayers and comfort to his family.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Wow, sad to hear. This is my first visit to the forums in a couple of years and what a drag to see this news my first time back. I remember him well from back in the days when I was posting much more regularly and always liked reading his stuff. Best to his friends and family. RIP jfont.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Oh wow yeah I do remember jfont. Always sad news to hear that someone has passed. RIP.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Can we add jfont to one of our sticky thread titles?

A way to honor him.

Maybe we could have a place where memorial threads like this go? Seems like we all say our condolences and then the names get forgotten to time. Might be nice to have a place to place these threads, or at least the posters name/profile.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Very sad news to hear. I always enjoyed reading his posts and the insights he had on the game. Condolences to his loved ones and may he rest in peace.

Jun 30, 2006
Holy smokes, Jfont was an OG. I joined in 2006, and he was one of the reasons why I joined when I was lurking back then. He always had contributed to discussions back then with his analysis, and he showed you can have lively discussions without using a million ad homs. Which brought me over to this site because another Kings board was turning into a circus.

But whenever I saw his username, I made sure to read his post because he always had something interesting to say.

Gone too soon, he will be missed and my condolences to his family.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Maybe we could have a place where memorial threads like this go? Seems like we all say our condolences and then the names get forgotten to time. Might be nice to have a place to place these threads, or at least the posters name/profile.

One of the UM sites I post at has something like this and it's a good way to honor those who have passed . Sadly as communities grow older so do the members and death sadly happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00