Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Wings | Oct. 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
No matter who you play in the NHL you have to show up or you're going to lose. That being said, you also have to beat the bottom teams if your're going to keep pace with the league leaders.

Full 60 minutes and a commitment to defense all over the ice. The hard backcheck pressure from our forwards that we saw last year, and not chasing the play in the defensive zone. And for the love of Pete, no more ridiculous offensive zone penalties!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Somehow, I feel that the only way the Jets lose is if they have a couple of bonehead D plays and shaky goaltending. If the Jets don't give up easy goals, it's hard to see how the Wings can beat the Jets based on overall skill and possession.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm probably not the best person to answer your question as I don't think I've ever had a bad feeling about a game. I look forward to them and roll with the outcome. I do like that we have a very talented team that can find many different ways to win. And once we get the train rolling we will be hard to stop.

I feel the same. I go through a little frustration sometimes, but I always look forward to the games. As a matter of fact I'm always a little surprised at how much I look forward to them. I'm excited again that it's game day!

I do hope that the Jets from last year come back soon and start with an absolute swarm of the opposition. I miss that from last year, and it seemed to get them pumped right from the opening faceoff. We were very hard to handle that way.

I also have to remember that we had a very slow start last year as well, and we did just fine :)

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I have to miss this one, but will PVR it. But I get to stay home, have a few beer and watch the leafs game tomorrow :)

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Hopefully this roadtrip can help the Jets get some more consistency in their game. An early homestand isn't always the best.

Please show up from puckdrop tonight!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We may win but we probably expend more energy then we’d like.

Back to backs may be the opportunity to get Petan into a game. But Lemieux would have to have played enough minutes for that to matter. Not likely.

I anticipate seeing LRP stapled to the bench for most of the game. Good use of a 4million dollar player and the best Center prospect we have.

Since Maurice won’t use them it’s up to the players to get a big enough lead to force his hand. Big leads? What are those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad