Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 3-2

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
So much for the Bowness plays 4th line guys late conspiracy...

I did like the barron-names-ehlers line... I'd just like it better with Nino though

By the eye test Nino has had a puzzling early season — seems like so many plays die on his stick at the moment, missing passes, flubbing shots, like his timing is just a few milliseconds off. Like the player a lot, hopefully he sorts this out.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
so seems like perfetti might have been hurt. they rolled 3 lines in a tie game, and the 4th line with vaunted scorers like gus and kupari didn't get to play.

Hes practicing on the 2nd line so it may have been a Mr. Bones special.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hes practicing on the 2nd line so it may have been a Mr. Bones special.

That is exactly what it was. He did the same last year with Saku replacing him late in games due to size.

I'm curious to see if there is any change in usage with Arniel taking over for a bit.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
By the eye test Nino has had a puzzling early season — seems like so many plays die on his stick at the moment, missing passes, flubbing shots, like his timing is just a few milliseconds off. Like the player a lot, hopefully he sorts this out.
Yeah him and a few others still struggling with timing and hands. Despite demelos very strong offensive start i think he's struggled as well

Reactions: JetsUK

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
To have 62% cf on a 5 game sample is very impressive... he will be fine

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
yup. this whole conversation stems from perfetti not playing toward the end. he might have been hurt as some have pointed out.
Well, two days have passed and nothing has been said so one can assume this is much ado about nothing. Just sat him the rest of the game out of an abundance of caution.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Well, two days have passed and nothing has been said so one can assume this is much ado about nothing. Just sat him the rest of the game out of an abundance of caution.
may be right.

also no media traveled w/ the team to Edmonton right? and i don't think they had media today either.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Superficially this makes sense, however they have been on the ice for the most goals against as well, so that offsets some of that and the Second line was playing less minutes in the first and second when they were trailing and they should have played more.

If you are trailing obviously 1st line should play lots, but so should the second line.

If you are tied they should be playing three lines at least.

Here's the thing, if the team is leading late in the third, Connor shouldn't see ice but he is always out there.
But the second line isn’t putting up any points. The 1st line is. Connor is fast and covers a lot of distance it’s not about structure when the other team has an extra guy out.

Reactions: DRW204

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad