Post-Game Talk: Jets Win 2-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Some solid defensive hockey in their own zone in the 3rd but I didn't like how much time they spend in the d-zone. Didn't even seem like they were trying to generate any offensive pressure.

Great game for Wheeler. Not a good game for Connor.

Brossoit great.

Hopefully PLD in the lineup on Sunday. He will be a great fit with Ehlers and Copp.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Some solid defensive hockey in their own zone in the 3rd but I didn't like how much time they spend in the d-zone. Didn't even seem like they were trying to generate any offensive pressure.

Great game for Wheeler. Not a good game for Connor.

Brossoit great.

Hopefully PLD in the lineup on Sunday. He will be a great fit with Ehlers and Copp.

Connor hasnt done much for a while now. Really needs to pick up the effort.. Wheels had a good first period.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Sis anyone see what Hoglander did to piss of Forbort?
He backed away holding his face and staring at a ref right before he went back into the scrum and whacked him on the back a couple times.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
A beauty game like that gets 4.5 out of 5 Rad Jets Guys from me!

WOOO! WOOOOO!! WOOOOOOOOT!!!

JN21RtT.gif
NalzJvc.gif
NalzJvc.gif
NalzJvc.gif
NalzJvc.gif

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Sis anyone see what Hoglander did to piss of Forbort?
He backed away holding his face and staring at a ref right before he went back into the scrum and whacked him on the back a couple times.
From the Canucks broadcast, they said Forbort was complaining about a high hit
GJV9ofz.mp4

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
If your Paul, do you put Stanley in for Forbort?

That way there’s no shenanigans, distractions and or injuries?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts...

81-55-26 Some shaky play in their own zone at times, but overall I thought they were better than they've been recently. Wheeler definitely has more jump now. They had a number of plays that almost connected that would have made them even more dangerous.

9-25-27 Much stronger game from Copp had this line really working well. Staetny with tremendous positional play and smart puck movement. Ehlers was really good in zone exits.

85-17-22 Good game from Lowry, and Appleton was terrific again. His speed and aggressiveness really creates space and allows Lowry to cut off plays. Perreault was okay. Too bad he can't shoot, because he had great chances on the PP.

12-11-23 Harkins and Lewis were strong. Thompson was meh. Noticed him losing a big own zone face-off because that's supposed to be his specialty.

24-4 Wow, that was a boss game from Pionk. He's at another level right now. Forbort was fine. Not sure what Highlander did to tick him off, but he sent a message or two.

44-3 Poolman was a mess. He was so shaky with the puck that he puts the D pair into a lot of bad situations. I liked Morrissey overall, though he made a couple of bad turnovers.

88-2 DeMelo was okay I guess, but doesn't look like the same player as he was last year. Beaulieu is just had.

Brossoit was outstanding.

Good win. Jets will have a formidable forward group when PLD gets up to speed. But they need to replace one or two D. Samberg is ready right now to step into RD next to Morrissey. Heinola would be a welcome puck mover.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Apparently, from glancing at the Van board, the reffing was awful that game.
The Canucks must be getting really lucky with the quality of reffing because that wasn't even close to the worst reffed game this season that I have seen. I didn't even think it was bad tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad