Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Wild | Sun Nov 17, 7PM | Xcel Energy Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
First!

I'm looking forward to this rematch, I like the tenacity I've seen and hope it translates well against the Wild.

Oh ya, lets hope the Columnists in the city actually watch the game before coming up with their story theme this time

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really going to need to win games against the teams we are chasing.

Let's hope the Jets go into Minny and get the win in regulation.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Oh ya, lets hope the Columnists in the city actually watch the game before coming up with their story theme this time

I continue to find it amazing that the other member of the media, the Jets and Bombers put up with that crap. Like you mentioned in the other thread, Lawless often spends more time talking in Noel's press conference's than Noel does, and Noel is not a coach who is holding anything back, he talks. I wish they'd institute some sort of policy where you have 15 seconds or something to get your question out, and if you can't they move on. If you want to interview someone, set up a 1 on 1.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
I continue to find it amazing that the other member of the media, the Jets and Bombers put up with that crap. Like you mentioned in the other thread, Lawless often spends more time talking in Noel's press conference's than Noel does, and Noel is not a coach who is holding anything back, he talks. I wish they'd institute some sort of policy where you have 15 seconds or something to get your question out, and if you can't they move on. If you want to interview someone, set up a 1 on 1.

^ this. They really do need to put a limit on how long you have to ask your questions. It's stupid that a rule isn't already in place

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
The phrase "big game" can't be understated here - this is an important divisional match, with a couple of win streaks on the line and a chance for the Jets to add 2 more valuable points as they chase a wild-card spot.

With that all being said, however, it's just the sort of game that I expect the Jets to come out very flat for. Not that I want to see a lacklustre effort, but after two plus seasons it's not like there isn't any precedent for it.

A win would be nice, but more important, IMO, is a complete, cohesive team effort and a "never give up" game. Long term, I think that's more important for the team.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
"One last question...Garry?"

"Well Claud, as the team goes through the season and players like Evander Kane are scoring goals and others are too should we expect the team to tell as a team , cough cough, within the framework as it stands, the team is a team, Dustin Byfuglien, team effort. you sure must be happy with the effort, butterflies, donkeys monkey skins pie.......?"

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
"One last question...Garry?"

"Well Claud, as the team goes through the season and players like Evander Kane are scoring goals and others are too should we expect the team to tell as a team , cough cough, within the framework as it stands, the team is a team, Dustin Byfuglien, team effort. you sure must be happy with the effort, butterflies, donkeys monkey skins pie.......?"

Lol XD

BurnabyJo

Jul 9, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm looking forward to a good game. The crowd is always fun, a divisional rival they'll want to get 2 points away from and hopefully some new blood drawing into the lineup (Redmond? Peluso?). I think they will play confident and physical.

Got new glasses today. These rose coloured lenses are awesome :nod:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'd do that, but I'm not sure what would prompt the Panthers to want to do that trade. What brings his name up Sip?

HNIC s Freeman say he might be available, OK I throw Stu in to!;)

LOL meant Friedman

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm looking forward to a good game. The crowd is always fun, a divisional rival they'll want to get 2 points away from and hopefully some new blood drawing into the lineup (Redmond? Peluso?). I think they will play confident and physical.

Got new glasses today. These rose coloured lenses are awesome :nod:

Were they Zoomies? :D

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
Jets, 11th in the west with 22 points.

Montreal, 7th in the east with 22 points and holding the second wildcard spot.

Yeah, it's totally easy to get into the playoffs in the west with those two less teams. :sarcasm:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Will be part of the true north strong and free invading the X tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad