Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Wild - 7PM CT Tues. Oct. 19 - First TSN Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

None

Feb 22, 2012
ytyRYUg.png

First regular season game on TSN3.

Is Nash a placeholder on the Scheifele PP unit? I'm not sure that he is considering the 5 on 5 line shuffling. It seems odd to have both Copp and Stastny moved up and then practicing the PP with a placeholder.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
ytyRYUg.png

First regular season game on TSN3.

Is Nash a placeholder on the Scheifele PP unit? I'm not sure that he is considering the 5 on 5 line shuffling. It seems odd to have both Copp and Stastny moved up and then practicing the PP with a placeholder.

We will have to wait and see what Moe has to say about Wheeler after practice.

Odd if he is out and they are using Nash on PP1.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

If they put Nash in over Perfetti on the PP :facepalm:.

Assuming and hoping he's just a placeholder, although it's odd then to mix up all the other 5v5 lines...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Nash has to be a placeholder due to being the only other right shot on roster at the moment.

Wheeler thing is very likely maintenance. He has Nash in that spot to provide continuity for that unit with the handedness in PP. If there was a chance that Wheeler would miss tomorrow's game they'd practice with Stastny being promoted to that unit or Lowry drawing in as a netfront presnece and Connor taking over the right halfwall.

Not sure about the jumbled up 5 on 5 lines though, it seems uncharacteristic of Maurice to change all 4 lines for a player just taking a maintenance day from practice.

None

Feb 22, 2012

If they put Nash in over Perfetti on the PP :facepalm:

Yeah, it's so far out there that it has to be a placeholder I think. But even if that's the case why not put someone there who could realistically have a chance there at some point like Vesalainen, Harkins, or Perfetti?

:dunno:

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nash has to be a placeholder due to being the only other right shot on roster at the moment.

Wheeler thing is very likely maintenance. He has Nash in that spot to provide continuity for that unit with the handedness in PP. If there was a chance that Wheeler would miss tomorrow's game they'd practice with Stastny being promoted to that unit or Lowry drawing in as a netfront presnece and Connor taking over the right halfwall.

Not sure about the jumbled up 5 on 5 lines though, it seems uncharacteristic of Maurice to change all 4 lines for a player just taking a maintenance day from practice.
Yup, this all makes sense to me, minus the 5v5 line mixing; which has me concerned haha.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah, it's so far out there that it has to be a placeholder I think. But even if that's the case why not put someone there who could realistically have a chance there at some point like Vesalainen, Harkins, or Perfetti?

:dunno:

Because of handedness. Handedness changes everything about a PP (how the pointman moves the puck to the right halfwall guy, the options that are available for Connor/PLD). For a PP struggling with rythm you likely want as much continuity as possible and keep things as simple for them as possible without having them practice one way and play another in the game.

Reactions: weslox

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Wheeler in Covid protocol. Not sure what that means this year in terms of isolations, etc.

Might be out for tomorrow?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Oh shit if he is in the Covid protocol he could definitely be out tomorrow. If he entered the protocol due to contact with someone +ve I believe he will be tested today and tomorrow and if he tests -ve he could play. That's what happened with a bunch of Seattle players in their season opener.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Wheeler in Covid protocol. Not sure what that means this year in terms of isolations, etc.

Might be out for tomorrow?

Not sure the NHL/NHLPA have published their protocol for this season. I'm guessing either he's out definitively or there's a deadline for having another set of tests come back negative.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Ah so it's COVID related. I guess he likely has.to test negative a couple of times before he's allowed to play again.

So really bizarre if we are using Nash and quite frankly really dumb by Maurice.

Yeah if Nash is on PP1 in a game then that is an instantly fireble offense. I don't think Maurice has the balls to pull that though, esp this early in the season.

I think Connor might slot in on the right halfwall with Lowry drawing in at his spot net front. That would make sense with Schmidt as a left handed shot moving up to the top unit to open up the one timer for a left shot on the right halfwall.... just trying to read the tealeaves and make sense of this.

Reactions: snowkiddin

None

Feb 22, 2012
Yeah if Nash is on PP1 in a game then that is an instantly fireble offense. I don't think Maurice has the balls to pull that though, esp this early in the season.

If Nash actually ends up out there on the Scheifele unit tomorrow... :help:

Handedness or not, Minnesota probably acts like he doesn't exist on the ice for the duration of the PP.

Reactions: rkp and JetsFan815

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'd still assume Nash is there in practice for being a right shot and the assumption Wheeler will still play.

If he starts there tomorrow then.....sheesh.

Reactions: Snot Rocket

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
nash couldnt get pp time on one of the worst pp teams in the league (CBJ) - but top unit here

beaulieu scratched by frickin' buffalo, traded for a 6th - top pair defender here

maurice playing chess, rest of the nhl playing checkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille