Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Wild Nov 27 3:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets now sporting the worst record over the last 10 games of any team in the league.

Hutch now letting in at least 2 bad goals per game, he better not get the start.

Copp a waste on the 4th line relative to his play.

Ehlers not showing much regardless of who he was playing with for awhile now.

Lowry belongs on the 3rd line for the Moose!

Mo showing his flaws as a coach.

Pencil in a Wild win unless Helly stands on his head!:(

Derfel*

You know what?

I'm going to come out and say it.

I think we win both of the games in the B2B.

I think we squeak one out against the Wild, and then blow the Avs out of the water by three goals, minimum.

I think this is the weekend where it turns around.

I think 6 weeks from now, we're above the 6-in-5 line.

I think the time is now.

(Note - I'm on my 5th cup of coffee.)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
You know what?

I'm going to come out and say it.

I think we win both of the games in the B2B.

I think we squeak one out against the Wild, and then blow the Avs out of the water by three goals, minimum.

I think this is the weekend where it turns around.

I think 6 weeks from now, we're above the 6-in-5 line.

I think the time is now.

(Note - I'm on my 5th cup of coffee.)

I hope you're as right about that as you think you were about Pav last season.

:sarcasm:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
blender again?

Ladd-Little-Ehlers
Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler
Stafford-Burmi-Armia
the rest

or

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Armia
Ladd-Burmi-Stafford
the rest

or

Ladd-Little-Stafford
Armia-Burmi-Ehlers
the rest

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
blender again?

Ladd-Little-Ehlers
Stafford-Burmi-Armia
the rest

or

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Armia
Ladd-Burmi-Stafford
the rest

or

Ladd-Little-Stafford
Armia-Burmi-Ehlers
the rest

I'd love to see an Ehlers - Scheif - Wheeler line.
Size speed and skill.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Our lines based on 5v5 P/60:

Wheeler-Ladd-Little
Scheifele-Ehlers-Perreault
Peluso-Stafford-Copp
Thorbs-Lowry-Burmi

(in order of p/60)

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
World Championships, last May, my goodness how dumb those Americans were. They started the series with back-to-back games and played Hellebuyck in both. He beat Pekka Rinne and the Fins in the first game 5 - 1 with a .967 save percentage. Followed that up the next day by beating Norway 2 - 1 and was at .956. Dumb dumb dumb.

You make very different choices playing a short duration 7 game round robin tournament than you do playing an 82 game regular season.

Plus, Norway.

sipowicz said:
Jets now sporting the worst record over the last 10 games of any team in the league.

I'm not saying I'm not worried. But again, over any given 10 game span teams are going to bounce around. You can only sense the underlying trends over a larger sample size i.e. an 82 game season.

Can there be some tinkering? Sure. Do we need to blow the team up and fire Maurice? No.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
World Championships, last May, my goodness how dumb those Americans were. They started the series with back-to-back games and played Hellebuyck in both. He beat Pekka Rinne and the Fins in the first game 5 - 1 with a .967 save percentage. Followed that up the next day by beating Norway 2 - 1 and was at .956. Dumb dumb dumb.

LOL good one. I'd definitely play Helle on Friday & if he looks good Sat evening as well.

Hutch is on a loosing streak right now -- not terrible, just letting in a softie now & then. He'll come around but I think its going to take a push from Helle & Hutch getting a lot of practice to get him to turn the corner.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Isn't that how we played the first half dozen games or so?

No they saw a bit of time together in one game I believe, a shift or two.

We started with
LLW
Perreault - Scheif - Ehlers

Then switched in Ladd for Perreault to start a game.
Once Ehlers stopped producing on PSE he was dropped down for Stafford.

KANADA89

Sep 30, 2015
Oh god please, please let Armia play tomorrow... Would be perfect as the match comes out 11pm where I live. (Finland FTW!)

I don't care who he plays with, just let him play!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No they saw a bit of time together in one game I believe, a shift or two.

We started with
LLW
Perreault - Scheif - Ehlers

Then switched in Ladd for Perreault to start a game.
Once Ehlers stopped producing on PSE he was dropped down for Stafford.

I actually think the change was made because BLS line was terrible and losing the matchup game against other teams second line. Essentially Scheifele and Perreault were promoted to the second line and Lowry and Burmistrov were demoted. Ehlers has been on the 3rd line all season long.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
No Winnipeg media types watching practice today? Tough to get there in time I suppose. The TSN guys ride on the Jets Charter though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is Black Friday a holiday in the USA? That could explain it ...

No it isn't. It is the day between a holiday and a weekend. Thus the nickname. It was kind of a lost day. People started taking the day off to do Xmas shopping. Then the sales started. Now I think so many take the day off that they can schedule a game for 3 in the afternoon. Shopping is done they can go to the game. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Notice I said "think" not "know". :teach:

'Think' still implies a logical process not a hunch. Whatever the process I'll second SG and hope you are right.

Are you sure that is coffee you are on the fifth cup of? :laugh:

Derfel*

'Think' still implies a logical process not a hunch. Whatever the process I'll second SG and hope you are right.

Are you sure that is coffee you are on the fifth cup of? :laugh:

I stopped at six cups. Crashing now...

When I say "know" - bank on it. When I say "think", feel free to gloat if/when I'm wrong.

I "think" this is the turnaround weekend.

(By "turnaround" - I mean above 0.500.)

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Oh god please, please let Armia play tomorrow... Would be perfect as the match comes out 11pm where I live. (Finland FTW!)

I don't care who he plays with, just let him play!

I really want him to play as well but please don't miscast him like they did with Petan. Armia, like Petan, needs to play with skilled linemates to succeed. Put him in Thorburns third line spot PLEASE.

If a change is made, I can see Maurice moving Lowry back to the third line & having Armia play with Copp & Thorbs. Not a death sentence per say, but not a recipe for success in any way either.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I really want him to play as well but please don't miscast him like they did with Petan. Armia, like Petan, needs to play with skilled linemates to succeed. Put him in Thorburns third line spot PLEASE.

If a change is made, I can see Maurice moving Lowry back to the third line & having Armia play with Copp & Thorbs. Not a death sentence per say, but not a recipe for success in any way either.

Why don't we let him start on the 4th line and get used to the speed adjustment, play against weaker competition and demonstrate that he deserves more ice time?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Why don't we let him start on the 4th line and get used to the speed adjustment, play against weaker competition and demonstrate that he deserves more ice time?

Kind of like we did with Petan eh. There are grinders like Lowry & Copp that I see as good fits for the 4th line - of course that would be on a normal 4th line that played 10 mins/night.

Petan & Armia do not EVER fit the role of grinders. They function when they are placed with somewhat skilled linemates. Anywhere else and you may as well send them back to the Moose

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Kind of like we did with Petan eh. There are grinders like Lowry & Copp that I see as good fits for the 4th line - of course that would be on a normal 4th line that played 10 mins/night.

Petan & Armia do not EVER fit the role of grinders. They function when they are placed with somewhat skilled linemates. Anywhere else and you may as well send them back to the Moose

Petan got PP time. I think you are mistaken if you think Petan was expected to be a grinder. The only open spot on the team was a 4th line spot. They tried Petan there out of TC. At this point in his career he wasn't good enough to crack the top 9. He had his opportunity. He was pretty mediocre. He's back in the AHL now playing center and continuing his development. Hopefully he progresses and can someday play in the top 9 or top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad