Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Wild Nov 27 3:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Only game I have any confidence they could win is Colorado on Saturday.

Hellebuyck would have to steal one or both remaining. Unlikely.

Darth Jet

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg
Ugh I hate how this is an afternoon game. Looks like I will be leaving work early or maybe have a really late and long lunch :D

I hope you give Helle a chance here, give Hutch something to think about if Helle outplays him.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Helle is used to being shelled, so start him against the Wild. 3pm starts suck balls.

Also, who the **** schedules a 3pm game for a Friday? What the literal ****, NHL?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Helle is used to being shelled, so start him against the Wild. 3pm starts suck balls.

Also, who the **** schedules a 3pm game for a Friday? What the literal ****, NHL?

It's thanksgiving weekend south of the border. There are 5 afternoon games on friday.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Nothing is stopping you from making a new thread.

Play Hellebuyck and play Armia.

Just win

I've always assumed if I started a thread I'd get banned. Leave it to the pros.

You said all I had to say anyway.

Also: think we'll see goalie rotation for the next few weeks... winner takes all.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Is Black Friday a holiday in the USA? That could explain it ...

I recall we also had afternoon games on our thanksgiving Monday. In the States, the only people who get it off are government employees (Columbus day).

Derfel*

This starts at 3pm Central? What?

What?

WHAT?

Ugh. I was really hoping to watch all of this one. Damn it!

peg

Jul 8, 2010
With a 3 p.m. start on Friday and a 9 p.m. start on Saturday, this should be less taxing then typical back-to-backs. I would start Hellybuyck both games and see what he can do. Hutch simply has not been good enough.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
With a 3 p.m. start on Friday and a 9 p.m. start on Saturday, this should be less taxing then typical back-to-backs. I would start Hellybuyck both games and see what he can do. Hutch simply has not been good enough.

Not sure. If he gets blasted by the Wild then what? I suppose Helle stealing a win from the Wild and beating the Avs would really help.

I'd call up the Smiths, Harrison, Lipon and DeLeo.

Derfel*

No, no, no... start a rookie goalie twice in a B2B? Disaster. Give him the second game. Guarantee him the second game no matter what.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Helle plays I'll PVR. If Hutch plays I'll just wait until I get home and catch the last half.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Not sure. If he gets blasted by the Wild then what? I suppose Helle stealing a win from the Wild and beating the Avs would really help.

I'd call up the Smiths, Harrison, Lipon and DeLeo.

Harri is hurt. DeLeo is getting eaten up against AHL competition. Lipon perhaps if Thorburn is hurt. Who is Smith?

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG

This is not an attack on the poster, whom I really don't know...

but the idea of starting a rookie goaltender on both games of a back-to-back series is the dumbest idea I've seen on HF Jets in a long time (and there are a lot of dumb ideas floated around here).

peg

Jul 8, 2010
This is not an attack on the poster, whom I really don't know...

but the idea of starting a rookie goaltender on both games of a back-to-back series is the dumbest idea I've seen on HF Jets in a long time (and there are a lot of dumb ideas floated around here).

World Championships, last May, my goodness how dumb those Americans were. They started the series with back-to-back games and played Hellebuyck in both. He beat Pekka Rinne and the Fins in the first game 5 - 1 with a .967 save percentage. Followed that up the next day by beating Norway 2 - 1 and was at .956. Dumb dumb dumb.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think you play Helle and if he plays well, he earns the next one

Derfel*

World Championships, last May, my goodness how dumb those Americans were. They started the series with back-to-back games and played Hellebuyck in both. He beat Pekka Rinne and the Fins in the first game 5 - 1 with a .967 save percentage. Followed that up the next day by beating Norway 2 - 1 and was at .956. Dumb dumb dumb.

Completely different set of circumstances - junior championship, most teams playing B2B games, and NORWAY.

But you could build a brick wall in the net between the posts and Winnipeg would find a way to lose the game 5-1.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Completely different set of circumstances - junior championship, most teams playing B2B games, and NORWAY.

But you could build a brick wall in the net between the posts and Winnipeg would find a way to lose the game 5-1.

World Championship not Jr Worlds.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

I can't help but notice that his SV% was .011 lower in game two... :sarcasm:

And actually, that's the exact result from this analysis: http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...a-flyers-goaltending-stats-back-to-back-games

TLDR: They looked at teams playing back to back games and compared the 2nd game SV% of goalies who started both vs. the SV% of rested goalies in the 2nd game of the back to back and found that rested goalies posted, on average, a SV% .011 higher than unrested goalies.

Of course, Hutch has been so bad lately that it might make sense to play Hellebuyck back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad