Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Mark-Stuart-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Audio: Perreault and Hellebuyck.

To listen click here.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets now sporting the worst record over the last 10 games of any team in the league.

Hutch now letting in at least 2 bad goals per game, he better not get the start.
(

Mo goes by the book... relieves him of any creativity or intuition. Hutch will start :shakehead

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Maurice had this answer when asked if Armia was going to play

I want to make sure if I’ve challenged a player to be better that he has that opportunity

So it sounds like someone has been put on notice. I wonder who it is? Burmistrov? Lowry?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

So it sounds like someone has been put on notice. I wonder who it is? Burmistrov? Lowry?

Ladd, Stafford, Perreault, Burmi, Lowry, Ehler's, Thorburn, Peluso, Copp......

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ladd, Stafford, Perreault, Burmi, Lowry, Ehler's, Thorburn, Peluso, Copp......

We all know Ladd will never be put on notice. He could score on his own team for the next three games and still be next to Little and Wheels. PMO has a do no wrong policy when it comes to vets.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

I'm guessing Thorburn or Peluso since Armia would probably slot in at 3RW or 4RW which is where those two are currently (if Armia replaced Thorbs, Thorbs would move to 4th line and Peluso sits out). Possibly Lowry but I doubt he would be scratched and the 4th line where he currently is isn't really a position to succeed.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm guessing Thorburn or Peluso since Armia would probably slot in at 3RW or 4RW which is where those two are currently (if Armia replaced Thorbs, Thorbs would move to 4th line and Peluso sits out). Possibly Lowry but I doubt he would be scratched and the 4th line where he currently is isn't really a position to succeed.

Thorburn and Peluso have not been playing below expectations. I doubt those are the players he's challenged to be better. You can't turn water into wine even if you are Jesus :sarcasm:

My best guess is still Burmistrov.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Will be at work for this one, won't be able to watch. Kind of idiotic it's an afternoon game on a regular workday...

Anyways, fingers crossed. Has potential to be really ugly.

Please don't play Hellebuyck.*

*Only because I can't watch

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I think he'll play Armia for Peluso. It makes the most sense. No need for a pugilist against the Wild. They're more of a speed / skill team.

All Armia has to do to stay in the line-up is play petal-to-the-metal on the forecheck, get a couple of hits, and make decent plays for d-zone exit. If Maurice sees that from Armia, he'll keep him in the line-up. The problem with Armia has been that he's too passive for Maurice's system. I don't think he needs to do anything complicated... just play with speed and aggressiveness and cut down time and space for the opponents.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think they should go to:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Scheifele-Ehlers
Copp-Burmi-Stafford
Thorbs-Lowry-Armia

So you want to unshelter Ehlers? Or drop Scheifele & Perreault's ice time and increase CBS? Not sure either of those things is gonna happen.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So you want to unshelter Ehlers? Or drop Scheifele & Perreault's ice time and increase CBS? Not sure either of those things is gonna happen.

Perreault-Scheifele-Ehlers were pretty dynamic earlier in the season. They have intimidating speed. They also were among the best possession lines in the NHL.

I think Copp is ready for more ice-time. He's smart, fast and strong on the puck. Give him more ice-time and better linemates and I think he'll be able to contribute offensively. At the very least, Copp should be on the PK.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Take Copp off center? Would be interesting to see him on the wing.

I just want to see Copp play more, including on the PK. You could play him at C with Burmi, but I think Burmi is better at C than wing. Copp could probably adjust. He's smart, fast and strong on the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad