Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs ???, Sometime between now and the end of time

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Lots of time to nitpick what they're doing at practice too assuming they keep practicing.

I hope Beaulieu on the 4th line was just from lack of spare forwards available before the game that was previously scheduled for Friday. Maybe we'll see some shuffling through the taxi squad.
If Lowry does keep Beaulieu there despite opportunity to make changes with the taxi squad I'll probably point to this moment when he complains about lack of depth scoring in the future.

Jeez if I was coach, and I had a choice between dressing 7 d, or dressing Suess or Reichel, I'd probably invest the 4-6 minutes that player will likely get into someone who for sure can help the PK. And who might drop the gloves with a pretty tough team on the other side.

But I'm from the old days, like when Dave Lowry played, and teams regularly deployed 7 d men. And one of them was a scrapper.

The last 2 games the Jets did play were against rosters that were severely depleted. Vegas gets Pietrangelo back in time to play us. Leaving them only down Stone, Dadonov, Howden and Alec Martinez compared to our Wheeler and Svetchnikov. I suppose you could include Nolan Patrick and Eichel to that group but neither have had an impact yet this season.

This is going to be a hard fought game.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jeez if I was coach, and I had a choice between dressing 7 d, or dressing Suess or Reichel, I'd probably invest the 4-6 minutes that player will likely get into someone who for sure can help the PK. And who might drop the gloves with a pretty tough team on the other side.

But I'm from the old days, like when Dave Lowry played, and teams regularly deployed 7 d men. And one of them was a scrapper.

The last 2 games the Jets did play were against rosters that were severely depleted. Vegas gets Pietrangelo back in time to play us. Leaving them only down Stone, Dadonov, Howden and Alec Martinez compared to our Wheeler and Svetchnikov. I suppose you could include Nolan Patrick and Eichel to that group but neither have had an impact yet this season.

This is going to be a hard fought game.

Add Pacioretty to the list since they just announced he’s getting wrist surgery.

Reactions: voyageur

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
5zn5m8.jpg

Reactions: macmaroon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad