Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs ???, Sometime between now and the end of time

None

Feb 22, 2012
Well there will be a Jets game at some point between now and whenever, it's just a matter of who, when, and where.

The Jets are practicing despite postponements. There's still discussion to be had about the next general opponent and what the Jets are doing in practice to prepare. I'm guessing that the schedule is going to get significantly reworked in the coming days so the Jets' opponents are anyone's guess.

Heinola was reassigned to the Moose in the last hour or two.

First time I've seen NHL.com's top schedule bar look like this:
hyi9de5.png

Edit: maybe this thread just makes more sense to be sequestered into the roster thread :dunno:
It just feels like the forum dies when there's no pre-game or gameday threads.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well there will be a Jets game at some point between now and whenever, it's just a matter of who, when, and where.

The Jets are practicing despite postponements. There's still discussion to be had about the next general opponent and what the Jets are doing in practice to prepare. I'm guessing that the schedule is going to get significantly reworked in the coming days so the Jets' opponents are anyone's guess.

Heinola was reassigned to the Moose in the last hour or two.

First time I've seen NHL.com's top schedule bar look like this:
hyi9de5.png

Edit: maybe this thread just makes more sense to be sequestered into the roster thread :dunno:
It just feels like the forum dies when there's no pre-game or gameday threads.

Eh, nice to have a practice/news thread all in one

Reactions: AlaskaJet

None

Feb 22, 2012
Lots of time to nitpick what they're doing at practice too assuming they keep practicing.

I hope Beaulieu on the 4th line was just from lack of spare forwards available before the game that was previously scheduled for Friday. Maybe we'll see some shuffling through the taxi squad.
If Lowry does keep Beaulieu there despite opportunity to make changes with the taxi squad I'll probably point to this moment when he complains about lack of depth scoring in the future.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Makes sense that the Jets are opting to push back home games. They have less postponed than others so may as well hope that in February while they're making up games fans will be allowed in, meanwhile it gives the new coach a chance to make his mark and gives the players that are ailing/in protocol a chance to heal up.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Makes sense that the Jets are opting to push back home games. They have less postponed than others so may as well hope that in February while they're making up games fans will be allowed in, meanwhile it gives the new coach a chance to make his mark and gives the players that are ailing/in protocol a chance to heal up.

How convenient. It's almost like the team knew this extended break was coming when they and Maurice agreed to part ways.

giphy.gif

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Wheeler might end up missing just a handful of games, with a pretty serious knee injury. A bit of a reset with a new coach.

Seems like good timing for the Jets.

Reactions: AngryMoose

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So the US teams now get a major advantage with quarantine periods. 5 days vs
10 for Canada. Puts them at a significant competitive advantage.

None

Feb 22, 2012

I think we're going to see it reduced federally pretty soon, likely to follow the UK with their 7 days asymptomatic quarantine.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The CDC changed its guidelines to that a couple days ago, so I imagine that'll be the new standard around the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad