Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The Leafs did look very unimpressive to me both times we played them, even when they beat us the first time around.

Doubt Lundy will be giving us softies this game though, gonna have to fight for the garbage goals.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON

That said, I fully expect a let down. They'll start slow and fall behind by two then they'll pick it up and keep it close heading to the third.

There will be a late surge and plenty of chance by the JETS to tie, but it will be too little too late.

3 - 1 Rangers. Rangers get an empty net goal.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If the Jets can't get motivated for this game, I don't know what makes them every get motivated at all. They have a shot to get into a playoff position, and they need to take the chance and run.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Even though we beat the Leaf's I think they got the benefit of doubt from the refs, the Rangers are another team that seem to be afforded the same benefits, Jets will be wise to play a smart game.

Another thing I noticed in yesterday's game was something not seen in the NHL as of late, something you used to see regularly in the 90's, Carlyle stuck his two goons on the ice at the end of the game even though the game was out of reach, pretty classless I thought. I used to have a lot of respect for Randy as both a player and coach but something about being around a certain uniform and being in a certain city transforms a person.:sarcasm:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Even though we beat the Leaf's I think they got the benefit of doubt from the refs, the Rangers are another team that seem to be afforded the same benefits, Jets will be wise to play a smart game.

Another thing I noticed in yesterday's game was something not seen in the NHL as of late, something you used to see regularly in the 90's, Carlyle stuck his two goons on the ice at the end of the game even though the game was out of reach, pretty classless I thought. I used to have a lot of respect for Randy as both a player and coach but something about being around a certain uniform and being in a certain city transforms a person.:sarcasm:

You haven't been over to their boards? We only won because of the refs.:sarcasm:

I'm pretty much expecting a loss in this game sadly. We don't usually play well against the Rangers, they have a good team, and have looked pretty good lately.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I don't think this is as important a game as the Leafs and Ottawa games. Sure were battling the Rangers right now for a playoff spot but I feel that at the end if the season it's going to be a race between the Jets, Sens, Leafs, Devils and maybe the flyers for the bottom three spots in the conference

Ulf Hullberg

Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Torts was obviously very disturbed about the loss against the Sabres, and let it be known in his presser. Berating your team in front of the media can back fire on a coach, so let's hope this is one of those times where the team-bashing hangover lasts a few games.

That said, I still think the Rangers will pick up the pace in the 2nd half and get themselves into a somewhat comfortable playoff position, and like another poster stated, the battle will likely be between NJ, OTT & Tor, and maybe even Philly is left fighting for a spot.

Hojetron

Feb 26, 2013
Sunny St.Vital
You haven't been over to their boards? We only won because of the refs.:sarcasm:

I'm pretty much expecting a loss in this game sadly. We don't usually play well against the Rangers, they have a good team, and have looked pretty good lately.

Meh, the reffing was bad overall last night - misses on both sides. Depending on who you're cheering for, there were complaints on both sides. Leaf fans could argue that Wheeler's goal should have been negated because Meech pushed Kulemin into our net, knocking it off the mooring and it should have been blown dead. Jet fans could argue that Slater was hacked way worse during that 5 on 3, than what Antropov did to help set up that 5 on 3. And in the third, some Leaf grabbed onto Slater's stick in front of the net and when Slater tried to go behind the net to get the puck, he musta got whiplash from the hold (maybe this is his upper body injury - jk).

Either way it was crap reffing. I understand a missed call . . but it's the inconsistencies in the calls that suck. I absolutely hate the "dropped stick" slashing call. Ok I get it if you break a stick with a slash, but knocking it out of someone's hands with a tap is a ridiculous call and makes the league look worse than Bobby J's spongee league . . .

idontknow

Jul 16, 2011
Who wants a free single in row one of 300's for Caps next Thursday. Heights I don't like, lol. PM me.

wrong thread, oops! Still up for grabs lol.

I think it found a home!

Last edited:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Meh, the reffing was bad overall last night - misses on both sides. Depending on who you're cheering for, there were complaints on both sides. Leaf fans could argue that Wheeler's goal should have been negated because Meech pushed Kulemin into our net, knocking it off the mooring and it should have been blown dead. Jet fans could argue that Slater was hacked way worse during that 5 on 3, than what Antropov did to help set up that 5 on 3. And in the third, some Leaf grabbed onto Slater's stick in front of the net and when Slater tried to go behind the net to get the puck, he musta got whiplash from the hold (maybe this is his upper body injury - jk).

Either way it was crap reffing. I understand a missed call . . but it's the inconsistencies in the calls that suck. I absolutely hate the "dropped stick" slashing call. Ok I get it if you break a stick with a slash, but knocking it out of someone's hands with a tap is a ridiculous call and makes the league look worse than Bobby J's spongee league . . .

Don't forget Dion not getting a extra two minutes for instigating with a visor.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I hope that the addition of Cormier, and newly energized Antropov and Wellwood will add to the emotions sure to be displayed by Wright and a newly motivated Burmistrov.

I think the Jets will feed off of last night's game and show up for the Rags. Plus, even the Jet players will want to see Tortorella spontaneously combust during the post-game presser.

I predict the Jets will win a tight emotional game, and Wright will pot both a shortie and an empty-net goal in a 4-2 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad