Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That's the question. Has this team matured to the point where they can bring the A game night after night?

No.

I really hope so but I don't believe (or belief, if you're from COG) they've reached that point yet. Plus I'll be at the game. After going 7-4 last year I'm 1-3 this year. :help:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
No.

I really hope so but I don't believe (or belief, if you're from COG) they've reached that point yet. Plus I'll be at the game. After going 7-4 last year I'm 1-3 this year. :help:

Yeah my record at home is not nearly as good as last year. So far this year I'm 2-5, after going 10-4-2 last year. But no worries I don't have another game until the 22nd so they are free to go on a run :laugh:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Other than the 2 points I hope we get... getting the opportunity to watch John Tortorella's head explode after losing is pure entertainment.

shatner_rules

You're in Trouba
Nov 22, 2004
Manitoba
Jamie Wright with his first goal as a Jet. Book it. (or I'll just keep posting this until he does). Even my wife who doesn't watch much hockey wants him to get a goal already.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The Jets faithful need to level out our emotions and expectations. Sometime in the next week or two we are likely to lay an egg. What we know is that the Jets are a strange creature and you NEVER know what you'll get. World beater to rec league chumps from one game to the next. But if we can scratch and claw our way to just enough points then the elusive dream of playoff hockey could become a reality.

I would play Burmi on Thursday to see how he responds and give Cormier more time to adjust to his surroundings before throwing him in there (unless it's for Sniper).

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Since the Rangers are a real team, I think the Jets will show up. 4 - 2 with an EN. Burmi is back in, and scores.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd be surprised if we didn't keep the same lineup as last game minus Cormier for Slater. Wellwood looks much better the last couple games and Antro seems to be feelin it as well.

Rangers have been very weak offensively, so as long as we focus on playing defense first (and Pavs shows up again) we should have the scoring to outlast them. The Rangers just got ripped by Torts so we'll need to match their intensity for 50 mins.

Crowd was huge against Leafs, more of that would help as well.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
The Jets faithful need to level out our emotions and expectations. Sometime in the next week or two we are likely to lay an egg. What we know is that the Jets are a strange creature and you NEVER know what you'll get. World beater to rec league chumps from one game to the next. But if we can scratch and claw our way to just enough points then the elusive dream of playoff hockey could become a reality.

Forget that dude, I'm busy planning the Jets Stanley Cup parade right now. After last night, I'm starting it in Toronto so they can at least see what the cup looks like. :sarcasm:

But yeah, Jekyll or Hyde? Who shows up?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Jamie Wright with his first goal as a Jet. Book it. (or I'll just keep posting this until he does). Even my wife who doesn't watch much hockey wants him to get a goal already.

Me too. Would really like it to be at home.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
We really need to win the tie breaker tonight with the Rangers to give us a shot of squeaking in if we end up tied with them in points at season end. SO WIN ONE FOR THE FANS TONIGHT JETS!

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I'm getting ready to be disappointed with the Jets and their lack of showing the same emotion from the Leafs game.

Hopefully they can still find a way to come out with a 6-1 victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad