Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Preds - Sat May 5 8:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Whoever wins games 5 will likely win the series.

I hope the Jets stars actually show up for this game and contribute when it matters.

Your probably right -- but both teams can win in the opponents building, so you never know what can happen--even if the Jets lose tonight --their chances are still very good.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Im keen to see what lines we have. ESL was the thing in game 4 last period.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I don't know about my fellow posters here ?-- but I honestly believe the Jet's are the superior team. I think they have better offensive scoring, especially if the young guys are producing, defense is about equal, and we have a slight edge in Goaltending.

I was listening to Brian Burke on Sport's Net -- the General Manager of the Flames, and he said their organization felt that the Preds were the top team in the beginning of the year, but towards the end of the year--they thought the Jets were the NHL's top team.

I agree with this assessment, and if the Jet's lose this series, it may be that we get outcoached--I hope this does not happen, as the Jet's have the better talent IMO.

Note- because the Preds now have home ice advantage --they will be favored by Sports Books to win this series, by a slim margin - like 55 % to 45 % - however should the Jet's win Game 5--I say the Jet's win this series in 6 games. If the Preds win Game 5--this series goes to 7 games--and it's really 50-50 as to who will win. I'm really hoping the Jet's take this series. :thumbu:
Never thought I’d agree with anything Burke said , but I feel we are a better team top to bottom than Nashville and that won’t change even if we lose this series

Reactions: GNP

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I woild carve out my kidneys for the Jets to win today if such sorcery were possible. GO JETS GO!
You are hardcore I love it
You only need 1 and if you sell it on Kijiji it should fetch serious dough
Win-win for a win :nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am fully capable of noting that our top lines are playing poorly while also noting that we could have one of the best 4th lines in the league with Perreault, and for some reason didn't.

Perreault would likely be the best 4th liner in the league. Hendricks is one of the worst. Is it really that odd that people are upset that Hendricks played over Perreault.

This is a game of inches, especially against such a good team as the Preds. Having the better 4th line may very well be the difference between a win and a loss, especially if they manage to neutralize our top 2 lines like they did yesterday.

This is the best reply to the topic I have read. The margin In this series is razor thin and yes having Perreault on our 4th line over the next three games over Hendricks could be the difference between advancing and going home. It’s not like posters are talking out of their ass here, we have significant bodies of work this season that fully and painfully illustrate the massive gap in effectiveness between both options.

If Matt P is still injured then I apologize to PMo......if not he needs to quit f***ing around because this could be the margin either way. Last game with limited minutes Herndricks line was on the ice for a goal against and that was the margin of victory on that night. The team was flat but there is no escaping their line gave up half the goals allowed.

Razor thin edge is the problem

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don’t see how it’s possible to argue that having 4 quality lines that can all be trusted with big minutes during the game and are all a threat to score doesn’t dramatically alter a team’s chances of success. I’d also suggest it makes the trap a more difficult tactical game for the Preds to play.

I think mo figured the preds were going to goon it up and he wanted a meat shield in the line up. Dumb, old school hockey. Speed and skill wins.

(I’m also quite certain the “bad attitude in practice” comment was more of the PoMo rumours comedy club routine. No way he puts that out there if it’s true.)

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Looking forward to tonight. This series has been wildly entertaining and the highs and lows are nuts. I guess this is what playoff hockey is all about?

Reactions: GNP

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Maurice made a mistake so whatever. It's not a first for a coach to mess up a roster decision. Lavi looks like a genius for putting in Hartnell, both coaches were getting equally ripped before puck drop.

The thing that actually matters is that the Jets understand what went wrong in that game and fix it. Maurice understands neutral zone play really well so I think things are good on that front.

At this point in his career as an NHL coach you do t expect the blatant mistakes Mo always seems to make, it’s a just a sign of a mediocre coach! IMO

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Last thing i'm going to say about Hendricks , he is so slow and gets absolutely winded after one skate on his shift , he is making his 2 linemates useless as well . I don't understand how Maurice can't see this . :banghead:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
How about we get some production from the big boys instead of worrying about the fkn 4th line!!

In a tight series with teams this good if both teams top 6 are neutralized 5 v 5 as happened last game the 4th line can be the difference between winning and losing.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad