Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
10038630766_a4ae48ebdd_z.jpg

Should be a great game.

Shaibu

Nov 12, 2016
Practice audio:

Players - Laine & Perreault.

Coach Maurice scrum topics - Reflecting on Laine’s First Star of the Week. Why are Laine/Little working now when it hadn’t previously? Update on players not participating in practice today. Is this the first extended stretch that Kyle Connor and Patrik Laine have played together? Does he wish he used that combo last season? Is there a huge difference in Laine’s game now than pre-Helsinki? On Laine chasing most goals in a month record. How many times has he been called Rocket in the last day or two? On much did playing on the 3rd line impact Laine’s play?

To listen click here.

:lol:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Appleton called up.

Inb4 "this would have been Vesalainen's chance": no, it wouldn't have been. Chevy made the mistake of not letting a contract slide with Connor in 16-17, he wouldn't have made the same mistake again.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Appleton called up.

Inb4 "this would have been Vesalainen's chance": no, it wouldn't have been. Chevy made the mistake of not letting a contract slide with Connor in 16-17, he wouldn't have made the same mistake again.

I don't think Connor was eligible to slide in 16-17 because of his December birthday.

From CapFriendly (who I'm assuming got it from the CBA): "An exception to [the slide] rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide."

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I don't think Connor was eligible to slide in 16-17 because of his December birthday.

From CapFriendly (who I'm assuming got it from the CBA): "An exception to [the slide] rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide."

ah right, that late birthday exception rule, I misremembered.
(in the case of a Sept-Dec birthday CHL player signing right after the draft, the contract would slide, but NCAA players don't have that option)

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Yeah and Perreault with Lowry and Tanev is an improvement over the line with Copp!

Unfortunately you’re incorrect. Tanev is almost useless on that line.

Attachments

• 4A82995D-451A-4BA7-9B9A-7A0FCDC1149C.jpeg
    4A82995D-451A-4BA7-9B9A-7A0FCDC1149C.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 6

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I hope not as I'd really like to see what he can do, but I'm guessing the kid wouldn't mind a few games making 10 X's his AHL salary even if it is in the PB.

I think Apples is already an improvement on Lemmers. Smarter player with vision and finishing ability -- they could be a dangerous 4th line.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Appleton called up.

I think Lemieux's penalty in the 3rd against St. Louis probably will put himin the PB for this game. The analytics show that Lemieux is hindering possession time on the line. Although I would not say scoring chances. Reuniting the top line of the Moose last year might give the Jets that 4th line spark they are looking for, especially against a softer team like the Pens, who can also bury you with their PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad