Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Penguins - Tues, Nov 27 @ 7:00 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Our boys return home from a road trip to remember...
Patrik Laine: 4 GP, 11 G, 1 A, 12 P
Kyle Connor: 4 GP, 1 G, 7 A, 8 P
Bryan Little: 4 GP, 1 G, 6 A, 7 P

The month that has been for Patrik Laine (with two games remaining):
10 GP, 16 G, 1 A, 17 P
Three hat tricks, including the first five-goal game of his career

Patrik Laine stats since 2016-17 season:
177 GP, 99 G, 57 A, 156 P, 62 PIM, 535 SOG, 13 GWG, 38 PPG, 18.5% shooting %, 175 hits, 17:08 TOI

Patrik Laine playoff stats:
17 GP, 5 G, 7 A, 12 P, 4 PIM, 56 SOG, 3 PPG, 8.9% shooting %, 27 hits, 17:47 TOI

(stats courtesy of Ken Wiebe's Winnipeg Sun article)

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Insane that the 2nd line has 27 points from that road trip. Wow, it's been a long time coming, but it looks like it's here!

Have some 4th line PK'ers take over from 55/26 and we are pretty close to ideal imo.

Reactions: Ares and jefferoni

jefferoni

Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Insane that the 2nd line has 27 points from that road trip. Wow, it's been a long time coming, but it looks like it's here!

Have some 4th line PK'ers take over from 55/26 and we are pretty close to ideal imo.
Also need Copp and Kuli to return to the lineup. Has anyone heard any updates on them?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Jets probably looking at top 6 in league once the games played evens out.

Incredible to lose that many games with that many Laine goals on that trip.

I'd say Laine scores 2 tomorrow.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Jets probably looking at top 6 in league once the games played evens out.

Incredible to lose that many games with that many Laine goals on that trip.

I'd say Laine scores 2 tomorrow.
I think if that line stays together and healthy, they will have ups and downs like all athletes, but overall will put up many points. At the very least they will be quite a challenge for the opposition.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Yeah, I know, but Copper coming back means Pepé Lemieux eats popcorn which is better overall IMO.

Perreualt with Lowry and Tanev was a big improvement without Copp.

Copp is okay on the 4th line where he belongs with heavy emphasis on where he belongs!

Reactions: GNP

jefferoni

Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Perreualt with Lowry and Tanev was a big improvement without Copp.

Copp is okay on the 4th line where he belongs with heavy emphasis on where he belongs!
Agreed, I have no problem at all with Copp on the 4th line. I'm sure Rosie and Petan would appreciate a little grit on their line.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
With three division rivals ahead of us on points as well as points %, we need a win. Doesn't feel right being a wild card team with this roster. It's early, but it just goes to show you what losing 2 out of 3 can do to you. The division loss to the Wild was especially painful.

Pittsburgh will be a tough challenge. We need a full 60 minutes, boys!

Reactions: sipowicz and SUX2BU

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
No Buff on the ice, apparently he didn't play the last 7+ mins of the game Sat. Hopefully just taking him out because we had a lead :help:
I remember him going into the boards really awkwardly last game. He got up a little slow but didn't seem to be favoring anything.

Hopefully something he can play through.

Reactions: mazmin

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
Got a feeling this is gonna be a great game. High octane, lots of offense, big hits, maybe a fight. Jets seem to have developed a bit of a mini rivalry with pittsburgh, they don't cross paths often but when they do, its always eventful

Reactions: ps241 and ocdaddy

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Laine gets to shoot on a backup with Matt Murray out with injury. On the downside, Crosby is back and on fire.

Is anyone else wondering why Lemieux isn't in the AHL? I feel he's better off on the top line and PP there than in the pressbox with the Jets. Dano is back and he enjoys the free popcorn more than anyone.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice audio:

Players - Laine & Perreault.

Coach Maurice scrum topics - Reflecting on Laine’s First Star of the Week. Why are Laine/Little working now when it hadn’t previously? Update on players not participating in practice today. Is this the first extended stretch that Kyle Connor and Patrik Laine have played together? Does he wish he used that combo last season? Is there a huge difference in Laine’s game now than pre-Helsinki? On Laine chasing most goals in a month record. How many times has he been called Rocket in the last day or two? On much did playing on the 3rd line impact Laine’s play?

To listen click here.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Laine gets to shoot on a backup with Matt Murray out with injury. On the downside, Crosby is back and on fire.

Is anyone else wondering why Lemieux isn't in the AHL? I feel he's better off on the top line and PP there than in the pressbox with the Jets. Dano is back and he enjoys the free popcorn more than anyone.

I think they wanted to get Dano playing some games in the minors first before bringing him up. Wouldn't mind seeing a handful of games for Appleton until he's ready.

Reactions: mazmin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad