Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers (Feb 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The PP is terrible, and in general they need to stop acting like this is Vancouver or Pittsburgh where they have an over abundance of skill on he ice and can be all fancy with the puck. They need to get it on net more often. They need to be more accurate. They need to get low and pick up alot of the loose pucks and get them on net or make a quick pass for a better angle. None of this pass it six or seven times and eat up thirty seconds of the pp and then take one shot, which is easily blocked or stopped because everyone was expecting it.

Agree with everything about your post except this portion. Honestly, the PP is probably what I'm least worried about with this team, people seem to be forgetting that the Jets are operating at a 23.5% clip (good for 12th in the league). As long as Enstrom, Buff and Wheeler are on this team, the PP will always be above average.

I agree that it hasn't always looked pretty, the entries in particular have sucked recently. I also agree that the shot volume needs to improve. Just seems like the PP is a real back burner problem for the Jets right now, that's all.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I think these 3 days off couldn't have come at a better, more opportune time. Had we not had these 3 days off to recuperate, who knows how long this slide continues, though perhaps it does. I hope the small break and practice time we've been fortunate to get for the first time in this young season gets us back on track the way we were before this horrible 3 game skid.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Rest and a couple games at home may be what the doctor ordered.

Just. Win.

I think these 3 days off couldn't have come at a better, more opportune time. Had we not had these 3 days off to recuperate, who knows how long this slide continues, though perhaps it does. I hope the small break and practice time we've been fortunate to get for the first time in this young season gets us back on track the way we were before this horrible 3 game skid.

pcanuck

Jun 6, 2011
Edmonton
Jets need a win to get out of the 3 game losing streak. If not the Cats then hopefully the leafs. Let's hope our seventh man on the ice (the crowd) can spark a win - not sure if Noel can work that magic.

go jets go!

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
We need back to back wins....and to get back to back wins we need to win the first one!!! Im SMRT!

RalphyTSN1290

Jan 9, 2013
Coach-Noel-January-16-2013-300x168.jpg

Coach Noel - Buff is day to day. Doesn't look he will be in tomorrow's game. Don't anticipate it being weeks. What has he seen from Redmond. Preaching discipline. Playing with confidence. Getting the team past bumps in the road. Did he take any positives out of the Florida games? Is he seeing any fatigue in his team? Getting Peluso into the lineup. Talk of Scheifele. Other areas of concern. Different personnel. Pleased with leadership group?

To listen, click here.

Nice shot of the Winnipeg Sun's Paul Friesen in the background. Nice shot IC Dave.

Ulf Hullberg

Nov 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Stop Versteeg from looking like the second coming of Guy Lafleur.
Get the body on Campbell so he's not skating around like Bobby Orr.
Don't let Peter "3 year Concussion" Mueller have easy pickin's (untouched I might add) from directly in front of Pavs.
Don't let semi-retired Kovalev casually skate in to the slot for target practice.
Bare down on draws vs Drew "Jersey" Shore and Matthias. These guys aren't Brind'amour & Nieuwendyk for pete sake!!
Play with some grit and a sense of urgency...and STAY the HE-double hockey sticks OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX... because your PK sucks!
And Pavs, stay focused for 60 mins and longer if needed!!...and stop dropping to your knees on every shot. Teams are figuring this out...just ask Gallagher, Mueller, Kovalev etc...
And for the D, you do know that you can tie up the forwards stick when the shot is coming in from the point...right?!

That's it for my rant....now go get'em!!

GO JETS GO!!

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
last season my wife was a medical transcriptionist at St.B and she knew the results of Jets players tests, she wouldn't come out and tell me anything but sometimes I was able to get little hints. Now that she works from home I got nothing. But a busted cervix is at least a week.

White Out 403*

As much as it's critical for the Jets to return to getting it deep, cycling, using their size and STAYING OUT OF THE BOX, 2 home wins will not make me feel better about this team.

When I see them execute the game plan, consistently, on the road -- that is when my hope for this season will return.

This is where I am too. I'm mad at the Jets and their lazy pathetic road efforts, and 2 wins at home won't do squat for me. I may not even watch tomorrow. The only reason Ill watch Thursday for sure is I have money on them. Hell, if the Jets lose tomorrow I sure as crap won't watch Thursday at that point.

This team has to start caring again for me to become emotionally invested.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
This is where I am too. I'm mad at the Jets and their lazy pathetic road efforts, and 2 wins at home won't do squat for me. I may not even watch tomorrow. The only reason Ill watch Thursday for sure is I have money on them. Hell, if the Jets lose tomorrow I sure as crap won't watch Thursday at that point.

This team has to start caring again for me to become emotionally invested.

While I respect the fact that it's your choice whether you watch the games or not, I hope you are in the minority in being a fair weather fan. I agree that it's perfectly acceptable to be pissed at their performance last week, but this franchise won't survive if Winnipegger's are on and off the bus constantly.

I will ALWAYS keep watching, even if it means I have to grumble and ***** while doing it. ;)

White Out 403*

While I respect the fact that it's your choice whether you watch the games or not, I hope you are in the minority in being a fair weather fan. I agree that it's perfectly acceptable to be pissed at their performance last week, but this franchise won't survive if Winnipegger's are on and off the bus constantly.

I will ALWAYS keep watching, even if it means I have to grumble and ***** while doing it. ;)

There's a difference between being angry and not watching and not supporting. I spent a lot of money last year visiting the Jets across America, buying their merch, and waiving the flag.

Skipping 2 games because their effort pisses me off doesn't make me a fair weather fan.

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I'm hoping the break has served them well in resting and tuning up. No better way to get back on the good side than with a victory.

As an aside, I'm doing the GDT tomorrow. Anyone got a site they use for likely lineups?

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
There's a difference between being angry and not watching and not supporting. I spent a lot of money last year visiting the Jets across America, buying their merch, and waiving the flag.

Skipping 2 games because their effort pisses me off doesn't make me a fair weather fan.

My bad.

Even though you don't qualify, my point about fair weather fans still stands.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Even if the Jets lost 20 in a row I would still watch. Before last season I waited 15 years to watch a Jets game. This team is slowly evolving, but still has a long to go. There will be bad nights and good nights. And I will be along for the ride the whole way.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I'm hoping the break has served them well in resting and tuning up. No better way to get back on the good side than with a victory.

As an aside, I'm doing the GDT tomorrow. Anyone got a site they use for likely lineups?

I just go to the teams board and copy their lineup from the last gdt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad