Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers (Feb 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Pretty critical the Jets come out and make a bit of a statement in this game. Dropping a turd to Florida two weeks in a row would be...errr...grim. I expect if theres a lot of futility in our own end the crowd is not going to be pleased either...

C'mon boys, lets right this ship! Git'r done! GO JETS GO!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm going to both games this week and really hope we see the Jets team of week one. It would be bad enough to lose again to Florida, but to **** the bed against the Leafs would be too much to take. At least against Florida there is no one in Panthers jersey to rub it in. But with the Leafs....enough said :shakehead

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I will be happy if there will be a flying W again
And thorburn does toe drag on breakaway
And Jets hammer them 7-0

I will be satisfied

Icing on the cake?
Schiefele 3 goals,
Kane 2
Burmistrov 2
And they were in one line for all of the goals

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm going to both games this week and really hope we see the Jets team of week one. It would be bad enough to lose again to Florida, but to **** the bed against the Leafs would be too much to take. At least against Florida there is no one in Panthers jersey to rub it in. But with the Leafs....enough said :shakehead

Ugh. Don't even say that, man...

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I really want to see the Jets really get back in the system. Generate more shots on net and legit scoring chances. I want to see a more effective and more aggressive penalty kill as well as a more disciplined team.

The PP is terrible, and in general they need to stop acting like this is Vancouver or Pittsburgh where they have an over abundance of skill on he ice and can be all fancy with the puck. They need to get it on net more often. They need to be more accurate. They need to get low and pick up alot of the loose pucks and get them on net or make a quick pass for a better angle. None of this pass it six or seven times and eat up thirty seconds of the pp and then take one shot, which is easily blocked or stopped because everyone was expecting it.

I want this team to be constantly on the offensive, in a defensive way if that makes sense. Always applying pressure to their opponent in the offensive zone, and make very sound defensive decisions in their own end.

Also...this team needs to win the face offs against Florida. It's such an important part of the game to just forget about. Winning them gives you an instant advantage, in either zone.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Noel-January-16-2013-300x168.jpg

Coach Noel - Buff is day to day. Doesn't look he will be in tomorrow's game. Don't anticipate it being weeks. What has he seen from Redmond. Preaching discipline. Playing with confidence. Getting the team past bumps in the road. Did he take any positives out of the Florida games? Is he seeing any fatigue in his team? Getting Peluso into the lineup. Talk of Scheifele. Other areas of concern. Different personnel. Pleased with leadership group?

To listen, click here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
As much as it's critical for the Jets to return to getting it deep, cycling, using their size and STAYING OUT OF THE BOX, 2 home wins will not make me feel better about this team.

When I see them execute the game plan, consistently, on the road -- that is when my hope for this season will return.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
They better win tomorrow or I will be very sad face.

If it's a back and forth high scoring game and we come out on top I still wouldn't be happy. Needs to be a good win, the type of game we could beat a better team with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad