Jets vs Lightning Sunday a Preview of Stanley Cup Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm picking the Bolts to win Sunday, Jets started the season poorly (by our standards) and still aren't playing their "A" game defensively and Helle has been questionable at times. Bolts are looking very strong, have to be the favorites to win the cup at this point of the season.

Reactions: Robinson2187

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's possible, but let's wait to see how healthy the teams are when the dance begins, and what form the teams are in at that point.

Tampa looked like worldbeaters at this point last year too, but they ended up being disposed rather easily in the playoffs.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
ECF game 7 is “being disposed rather easily”?

In the context of this thread, yes.

At this time last year, you would expect them to at least be in the finals, and anything less would be a massive disappointment. Nobody projected the caps to be a huge threat to them in December either.

The main point being that we should not be paying too much attention to potential Stanley cup final matchups in december. Things change.

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
The Jets had to go through Nashville and then Las Vegas got to play an exhausted team on short rest. The Jets lost to an all world goalie performance.

Washington had everything go their way.

Meh
When a team wins the Cup, shit like this needs to go away. If you're arguing the Stanley Cup can be won by luck, we may as well pack it all in and forget about hockey altogether.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
It's one game. In December. Means virtually nothing.

One thing many fans including many Jets fans don't comprehend or chose to ignore is that teams like Winnipeg ( and a fair number of others ) do and should use the regular season to prepare for April.

You need to get in and hopefully be playing well at the time but line combinations, who sits and who doesn't and who wins a certain game 5 or 30 or 61 doesn't matter in the big picture.

Jetcetera

Jan 19, 2015
Manitoba
Tampa Bay
Category
Winnipeg
X​
City with more sunshine​
City with less hurricanes​
X​
Better mayor​
X​
X​
Better 6'5"+ defenseman​
?​
Intangibles​
?​
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Believe it or not, Winnipeg has more days with sunlight than Tampa. 316 Days vs. 244

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I bet some money recently on Tampa taking the cup actually. I think they and Toronto are the two best teams in the East. The west will be Jets/Nashville/Colorado/Calgary it's a lot more wide open.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Anyway, looking forward to seeing how the Jets stack up with Tampa Bay. They have been the best team so far.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Jets record against teams currently in a playoff spot:
3 Wins
5 Losses
2 OT/SO Losses

K

The Jets are stacked, so if they are first in the West and not playing their best while others are, y'all should be real concerned.

Last edited:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jets record against teams currently in a playoff spot:
3 Wins
5 Losses
2 OT/SO Losses

Thanks for my laugh of the day! :laugh:

tenor.gif

and for trying so hard. :popcorn:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Cellee

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Why are we feuding with Caps fans all of a sudden? This thread took a weird turn. Of course, I wasn't expecting this thread to go well at all anyway, but I thought it would be the Leafs that we would be fighting with! :laugh:

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Why are we feuding with Caps fans all of a sudden? This thread took a weird turn. Of course, I wasn't expecting this thread to go well at all anyway, but I thought it would be the Leafs that we would be fighting with! :laugh:

I started it :sarcasm:

Reactions: WPGNYRFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad