GDT: Jets vs Leafs (Mar-31st, 6pm HNIC) - "Did you drove, or did you flew?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Why we all getting lumped into that. Don't get why these two teams fans troll each other so much on the boards. I'm excited for a good game.
Good point. We might be the largest group on HF, so there's gonna be all kinds of characters. Also excited for a good game! Jets win a 3 pointer and no injuries ;)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Let's not start please. Posters trolling either GDT will not be very happy with the results - the last game between these teams was a complete ****-show, and greatly harshed everyone's enjoyment of the game (especially mods, who spent almost as much time moderating as watching the damned game).

I have no compunction about handing out thread bans, forum bans, or temporary bans from the whole site.
Gotcha. My bad. I never venture to the main boards or other teams sites. Not sure why I did today. I have enough of a hard time dealing with old man Sip :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
exc.gif

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Let's not start please. Posters trolling either GDT will not be very happy with the results - the last game between these teams was a complete ****-show, and greatly harshed everyone's enjoyment of the game (especially mods, who spent almost as much time moderating as watching the damned game).

I have no compunction about handing out thread bans, forum bans, or temporary bans from the whole site.

You get a ban and you get a ban and you get a ban!!!

oprah-free-car.jpg

;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
How I didn't get an executive producer credit is beyond me.

You are so right here.
Sorry, my research didn't uncover this nugget of gold.
It's like when I missed Gaurdian17 in the X-MEN thread or GJETSON in the Hannah Barbera thread. Yup I blew it. Someone needs to send me an exhaustive list of HF Jets members avatar references. ;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Before the pissing match eventually begins on the mains, just want to say, great SCTV themed GDT.

Thanks @93LEAFS
The internet makes people do strange things, as does our love of sports.
Hopefully comedy can bring us together ;)
Good luck in the playoffs, let's just make sure the team doctors have the night off tonight.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Murat Ates fanning the flames with fancy stats

Maple Leafs or Jets: Which is Canada's best NHL team?

And, if that miraculous, all-Canadian Cup final comes to pass, I would pick the Jets to win it.

I believe Winnipeg has distinct advantages in 5-on-5 play, scoring chance prevention and goaltending. The majority of hockey – whether in the regular season or playoffs – takes place at 5-on-5. It is so much harder to generate offence from prime real estate against the Jets than the Maple Leafs and, as a result, I believe Canada’s best team calls Winnipeg home.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
You are so right here.
Sorry, my research didn't uncover this nugget of gold.
It's like when I missed Gaurdian17 in the X-MEN thread or GJETSON in the Hannah Barbera thread. Yup I blew it. Someone needs to send me an exhaustive list of HF Jets members avatar references. ;)

I'm deeply honoured in that you've put me up there twice in the last few games. Humbling beyond measure. I don't know if it's the 'The Deuce' moniker or the Dark Stanley avatar (which I suspect no one has picked up on) but honours like that are few indeed. I feel pressured to up the quality of my posts!

m.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I'll happily hand them out like candy at Halloween, if it gets as bad as last time. It was ridiculous.

I'm actually unaware of what goes on any other teams board or the main boards.

The only time I ever venture over is when mods post this stuff and I'm usually shocked with the fact anyone bothers to go post on those things. I've done it once because I thought it was funny (and I was taking a shot at our own posters who were over there stirring up shit).

Otherwise who really wants to hear from them. I even find most of the "just dropping in to say hi and good luck" or "I like your team" tiresome. But that's just me.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The GDT based on unfamiliar-to-most Canadian comedy show may leaf the Finnish contingent here somewhat perplexed...

kummeli-tonninseteli-j6kyR.jpg

Sorry man. The show was shown on NBC so not just Canadians would know. As with paying homage to any 70's - early 80's references I run the risk of going over really young people's heads. The show had really big stars (John Candy, Rick Moranis, Martin Short etc...), plus I would think that Bob and Doug McKenzie were like maple syrup, Mounties and beavers when it came to being famous from Canada? ;)

If nothing else you could watch internet clips until the game to entertain yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad