Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Knights Monday May 14 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North
I'm really warming up to the idea of leaving the caution to the actual Jets players and getting real confident about our chances these playoffs :)

Feels so good to admit that we are the favourites at this point in the season, and that we have a team that can dummy almost any team at any given time. Beating nashville was huuuge

The team we've been waiting for all these years has finally arrived.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Expecting a win tomorrow, with more goals for us...

Our team is on their way to supersonic speeds...

Knights are going to get our Winnipeg Jets supersonic boom in the rest of this series...

Go :jets Go

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
In the ticket thread -
Still available for Game 2 (Monday) P3 pair (right next to P2s in 217, attacking blueline), listed for $375 on seat exchange. Face value is $497.

Can't go, so prefer HF member gets the seats without the fees.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'm watching the Caps crush TB right now and y'know, I really don't like the way pbp guys all feel the need to point out repeatedly - as though it's some surprising and really meaningful bit of info - that the crowd has gone silent. I mean Ovi scores to make it 5-2 for the Caps and the pbp guy points out that it's "as quiet as a cathedral in here." Really? Wow...that's hard to figure. Second game in a row their team has been dummied on home ice and the fans aren't having a lot of fun huh? Stunning. Then they comment on it again a little bit later.

I guess they are expecting something more like this:

"Oh and Ovechkin SCORES and it's 5-2 for the Caps and the crowd here in Tampa is going crazy! They are really enjoying the beat down their team is receiving here tonight!"

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
how is enstrom, any news on him?
neal could have easily let off on the play, enstrom already got the shot off what a dirty hit.
If you watch the replay neal made no attempt to go for the puck, he could have but he took the lazy way out by waiting for enstrom to shoot it.

if this was laine everyone in winnipeg would be screaming but because its enstrom nobody cares.

f***ing dick left his feet too. I can't stand that POS.

Reactions: None

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
So is Tampa still rusty? I expect a whole lot of people expected they'd be a lot better tonight also. Thing about Vegas tomorrow is, it's not just about them being better, it's about them having an answer for the Jets. I don't think they do, call it arrogant but I think they're best chance is Fleury standing on his head and or Helle shitting the bed.

Yes, that rhymes.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hope Buff lights the lamp again tomorrow night and then lights up Neal like Neal lit Enstrom up . Also have to say when Wheeler went into the Knights bench and someone said , that's the best player Vegas has had on their bench all season ..... Comedy Gold man . :laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think it's always really important not to get cocky and take things for granted. Any team in the NHL can beat any other team on any given night. There isn't as much separating top from bottom as you might think and Vegas is nowhere near the bottom. Otoh, the fact is Vegas put up 109 points playing in a pretty terrible division and we put up 114 points in the toughest division in hockey. There's some reason for optimism imho...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So is Tampa still rusty? I expect a whole lot of people expected they'd be a lot better tonight also. Thing about Vegas tomorrow is, it's not just about them being better, it's about them having an answer for the Jets. I don't think they do, call it arrogant but I think they're best chance is Fleury standing on his head and or Helle ****ting the bed.

Yes, that rhymes.
Vaseline looks horrible , part of Tampa's problem . Funny how Rinne and now Vaseline both haven't looked very good come playoffs . Good thing we have the best of the 3 in Helly , yes that rhymes too . :laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I hope Buff lights the lamp again tomorrow night and then lights up Neal like Neal lit Enstrom up . Also have to say when Wheeler went into the Knights bench and someone said , that's the best player Vegas has had on their bench all season ..... Comedy Gold man . :laugh:

I wasn't following the gdt during the game. Did we all get a kick out of Buff hip checking Ehlers as he came onto the ice at the start of the game? :D

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I think it's always really important not to get cocky and take things for granted. Any team in the NHL can beat any other team on any given night. There isn't as much separating top from bottom as you might think and Vegas is nowhere near the bottom. Otoh, the fact is Vegas put up 109 points playing in a pretty terrible division and we put up 114 points in the toughest division in hockey. There's some reason for optimism imho...

I agree, I've brought this up a few times as well and I don't think it's gets enough attention. The Knights played 20+ games this season against the 20th, 23rd, 26th and 29th worst teams in the league. In addition, it was the first time every team in the league did the Vegas road trip, which I'm sure benefited the Knights on more than a few instances.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Aavco Come Back

Spending all my nights, all my time on HFBoards
Doing anything just to get you off my mind
But when the morning comes, I'm right back where I started again
Trying to forget you is just a waste of time
Aavco come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Aavco come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you
All day long, wearing a mask of false bravado
Trying to keep up a smile that hides a tear
But as the sun goes down, I get that empty feeling again
How I wish to God that you were here
Aavco come back, any kind of fool could...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Aavco Come Back

Spending all my nights, all my time on HFBoards
Doing anything just to get you off my mind
But when the morning comes, I'm right back where I started again
Trying to forget you is just a waste of time
Aavco come back, any kind of fool could see
There was something in everything about you
Aavco come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't live without you
All day long, wearing a mask of false bravado
Trying to keep up a smile that hides a tear
But as the sun goes down, I get that empty feeling again
How I wish to God that you were here
Aavco come back, any kind of fool could...
I hope you copywrighted this ... it sounds like a number #1 hit.
Don't worry about Aavco .. he'll be back with vengeance when Stanley comes home.

Reactions: sipowicz

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
In the ticket thread -
Still available for Game 2 (Monday) P3 pair (right next to P2s in 217, attacking blueline), listed for $375 on seat exchange. Face value is $497.

Can't go, so prefer HF member gets the seats without the fees.
Can't make it but interested in future games if you can't go.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
So is Tampa still rusty? I expect a whole lot of people expected they'd be a lot better tonight also. Thing about Vegas tomorrow is, it's not just about them being better, it's about them having an answer for the Jets. I don't think they do, call it arrogant but I think they're best chance is Fleury standing on his head and or Helle ****ting the bed.

Yes, that rhymes.
Where's the guy that said Tampa would smoke the Capitals.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Caps are a team possessed right now. Tampa is a good team too but they are just being outworked. I think beating the Pens has put a fire under their asses. When good things happen your confidence just keeps going up.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Caps are a team possessed right now. Tampa is a good team too but they are just being outworked. I think beating the Pens has put a fire under their asses. When good things happen your confidence just keeps going up.

They looked very good. Not to get ahead and think too much about them, just from a hockey fan standpoint they do look scary.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
As much as I'd like to believe that Vegas actually sucks, they didn't get their ticket to the WCF in a cereal box. F'ING BRING IT BOYS!!! GO JETS GO!!!

To paraphrase the late, grRRRREAT! Lee Marshall, Vegas didn’t get this title shot by clipping coupons. I have a hunch the Jets are thinking exactly along those lines themselves. If they bring the same to game two as they brought to game one, I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad