Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Knights Monday May 14 7pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Reaves being in or out of VGK's lineup will tell a lot about Gallant's gameplan. Regardless, as long as our boys stick to their gameplan I don't see why we can't take a 2-0 series lead to the desert. GJG!!!

jetsy

Arny Palmy alert!
Feb 14, 2012
Winnipeg Arena
Nashville scared me alot more. That said, Vegas still makes me nervous. Still lots of hockey to go. Hopefully Fleury is rattled and Jets just drown them in shots. Let's bring it to Vegas with a 2-0 lead and give game 3 all you got. Go Jets Go!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Ppl seem to think last nights game was closer than it was. We won 4-2 but we had all the opportunities the number of Jets who missed open nets or had great opportunity that game could have been a massacre. Helly let in a soft goal on the first he has 9-10 times.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Nashville scared me alot more. That said, Vegas still makes me nervous. Still lots of hockey to go. Hopefully Fleury is rattled and Jets just drown them in shots. Let's bring it to Vegas with a 2-0 lead and give game 3 all you got. Go Jets Go!
Surprised he wasn't yanked. 3 goal on 9 shots. Over abundance of confidence in MAF or no faith in backup?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
And soon after that, the wry crowd was changing up its chants, mixing in: "We want Sub-ban! We want Sub-ban!" in reference to Knights’ backup
Malcolm Subban...

Fleury has heard a lot in his 13-year NHL career, but that was a new one. "Yeah, you can hear it," Fleury said, still able to smile after the 4-2 loss. "In this building, they don’t even play music, they just let them chant. I hear it. It’s fun. I’ve been yelled at, screamed at, before. I’m sure it will happen again. It’s part of the game, right?"

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
And soon after that, the wry crowd was changing up its chants, mixing in: "We want Sub-ban! We want Sub-ban!" in reference to Knights’ backup
Malcolm Subban...

Fleury has heard a lot in his 13-year NHL career, but that was a new one. "Yeah, you can hear it," Fleury said, still able to smile after the 4-2 loss. "In this building, they don’t even play music, they just let them chant. I hear it. It’s fun. I’ve been yelled at, screamed at, before. I’m sure it will happen again. It’s part of the game, right?"

Didn't quite understand the logic behind the Subban chant. Given his poor showing in the last series, Rinne's better would have been my choice for a taunt.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
It'll be interesting to see how Vegas responds tomorrow but game 1 was a pretty dominant effort by the Jets. Vegas definitely has a potent offence though, Jets will have to stay sharp even with a 2 or 3 goal lead.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Surprised he wasn't yanked. 3 goal on 9 shots. Over abundance of confidence in MAF or no faith in backup?

Likely that the second and third goals he couldn't do much on and he actually made some good saves or it would have been worse. A 1.50 GAA and .951 save percentage gives you some leeway.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I believe you should respect your opponent, never take anything for granted, even if the Jets should go up by 2 when they go to Vegas they should play the games there as if the series is tied.

Reactions: Jets 31 and SM17

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I believe you should respect your opponent, never take anything for granted, even if the Jets should go up by 2 when they go to Vegas they should play the games there as if the series is tied.

Yeah especially with a team like Vegas. They have more to show us for sure.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Some say a series really gets going when a home team loses a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad