Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Flyers Jan 29 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: As expected Michael Hutchinson is first goalie off the ice for #NHLJets and will start vs #Flyers

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
no Galliardi at practice.
so perhaps that's the move.

and i'm thinking about that and really don't like how many d-men we're carrying. unless they expect the D apocalypse to happen again.

Alright - trade coming down with NJ or Tor today (after all Chevy was scouting them out last night & he's due for a trade, right?):naughty:

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Important yes, but probably no more important than the upcoming back to back games with Calg & Vanc on Mon-Tues & then Thurs @ Chi. Where do you start Pavs.

As bad as his last game was, I think they do go back with him vs Dal because he played so well against them last game. And they have to use him on the b2b so probably vs Vanc. Amounts to the rotation likely staying put for the next few as much as we all hate it.

If it were me I would only play Pavs in the Vancouver game as the second of a back to back. Clearly PM doesn't take into account how a goalie matches up against an individual team. Otherwise he would have never put Pavs and his pathetic track record up against the Pens.

Hutch today. Hutch with 2 days rest against Dallas. Hutch with 2 days rest against Calgary. Pavs against Van on the back-to-back. Hutch with 3 days rest against Chicago.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm hoping our almost-perfectly healthy team can at least do as well as our 'crippled with injuries' team going down this stretch.

I've been thinking the exact same thing! It seems that we played better with the injuries. I suppose it's rust for the returning players.

Although Toby did just coast on the empty netter, that's just ... just, well I don't know what that is.

Troubaloobaloop

Jul 17, 2014
Vancouver
If it were me I would only play Pavs in the Vancouver game as the second of a back to back.

Please don't say this lol. I'm going to the Vancouver game and I would really like to see the Hutch touch for the first time live.

I say Pav against Dallas as they are way below us in the standings and have a negative goal differential.

Predictions for tonight have Trouba getting 17 goals and having a 1.000 GAA at the same time while Stu plays air guitar on his hockey stick.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Like hearing that Stu is replacing Harrisson.

What happens next to activate Stu?

Kind of like, good news Harrison is being replaced, bad news it's Stuart replacing him!:sarcasm:

Don't get the Jets carrying 3 extra D men now.

Still waiting for the Gilligan's Island themed GDT with Schief as Gilligan and Buff as the skipper!;)

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Kind of like, good news Harrison is being replaced, bad news it's Stuart replacing him!:sarcasm:

Don't get the Jets carrying 3 extra D men now.

Still waiting for the Gilligan's Island themed GDT with Schief as Gilligan and Buff as the skipper!;)

They're always carrying one extra forward, though. I remember that Byfugulien guy playing the wing. :sarcasm:

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I wonder if they're waiving Galiardi for the purpose of trading him - the team that acquires him sends him straight to their AHL team

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Brian Munz ‏@BrianMunzTSN
Based on @NHLJets pregame skate, Stuart replaces Harrison and will be paired with Trouba. No other changes. Expecting Hutchinson to start

8,500 vCash on the Jets ................................ WHEN there is absolute confirmation that Hutchison is in net.

Yeah, no more vBookie on the Jets unless Hutchinson is playing. Not good for the balance.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-300x176.jpg

Coach Maurice pre-game: What does he expect from the Flyers? What will it mean to have Mark Stuart back in the lineup? Any concern with having nine healthy defencemen? How does he manage having that many blueliners? Might he put Postma up front in an emergency situation? Galiardi’s status?

To listen click here.

Quotes on Stuart and having nine healthy D.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
If it were me I would only play Pavs in the Vancouver game as the second of a back to back. Clearly PM doesn't take into account how a goalie matches up against an individual team. Otherwise he would have never put Pavs and his pathetic track record up against the Pens.

Hutch today. Hutch with 2 days rest against Dallas. Hutch with 2 days rest against Calgary. Pavs against Van on the back-to-back. Hutch with 3 days rest against Chicago.

:thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad