Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Flyers Jan 29 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Hoping for an obvious out come, but that's been said like a certain Arizona and Pittsburgh game before....

There always seems to be something in the water of Philadelphia though :laugh:

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Hopefully the Pittsburgh game shook out the ASG tropical vacation cobwebs and the Jets are back to playing like they have been this season.

Sabs*

Paul needs to man up and give Pav a chance to bounce back. If the team Wants a playoff spot they need a confident pav

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Paul needs to man up and give Pav a chance to bounce back. If the team Wants a playoff spot they need a confident pav

If we want a playoff spot, the game-split between the two has to start leaning towards Hutch. Pav has had 10'ish games now to 'bounce back', and other than the Dallas game, it's been more of a thud.

I'm pretty darned sure Hutch will get the start.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@BrianMunzTSN: Practice underway for #NHLJets in Philadelphia. No Trouba or Byfuglien on ice. @TSN1290Radio

Hnidy just reported on TSN1290 that he spoke with Maurice, and he said they're getting a maintenance day - they'll be good to go tomorrow.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
I suspect we are going to get screwed by the zebras again, it always happens to us in Philly with the refs caving in to their whining fans. The afternoon game a couple of seasons ago (not last year's morning game) was one of the worst, giving the Flyers 2 very iffy 5-on-3s, calling the Jets on a phantom too-many-men, and calling little on the Flyers, leading to a third period Flyers comeback. I think even Claude got angry :laugh:

I thought we were fine last night - controlled the game after a rusty opening period. A stupid penalty, a phantom penalty, 3 goals that potentially could have been negated, and subpar goaltending led to a close loss. If we smarten up and work just as hard tomorrow, we'll win handily. Oh and then Buff can "accidentally" clear the puck into the Flyers bench right at Berube!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
If we want a playoff spot, the game-split between the two has to start leaning towards Hutch. Pav has had 10'ish games now to 'bounce back', and other than the Dallas game, it's been more of a thud.

I'm pretty darned sure Hutch will get the start.

He has bounced like a steel ball!

Dropped in water.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Sheesh...maintenance days already? :shakehead

Hate to say it, but this one's a must win. :)

Not a chance in heck Pav gets the start. The question is does he start the game after? I sure hope Hutch gives Mo no choice but to keep playing him...

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Hoping for an obvious out come, but that's been said like a certain Arizona and Pittsburgh game before....

There always seems to be something in the water of Philadelphia though :laugh:

More importantly, what's in our water :help:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-from-U-of-Penn-300x199.jpg

Coach Maurice from University of Pennsylvania: Status of Jacob Trouba? How do you reflect on last night’s game? Was it a discipline issue on the penalties? Would he hear from the NHL on that play (too many Penguins) at end of the 2nd? What has made Chiarot such a good fit with Byfuglien? Did he sit down with him (Chiarot) prior to the first game or since? How does he see this match-up against Philadelphia? What did he think of Evander Kane’s passing last night? On where Chris Thorburn has taken his game.

To listen click here.

Couple of quotes for those who cannot listen.

Last edited:

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg
Just registered cause i've been looking for a place to talk Jets online

Predictions for tomorrow's game?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Fun stat of the day:

We have been shorthanded 200 times. The Pens have been shorthanded 171 times(yes, that's the team that we didn't get a PP against yesterday), and are ranked at #2 in times shorthanded. The Panthers are ranked at #20, having been shorthanded 152 times. The difference between the 2nd ranked team and the 20th ranked team is 10 less than the difference between the 2nd ranked team and us.

The Penguins are pacing to be placed in the bottom 5/10 the past few seasons.

We're pacing to be the most shorthanded team since the 2009-10 season. Let's not even go into the difference between the 2nd and 1st ranked teams.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that there is some truth in people saying that we're getting a lot of silly calls against.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Fun stat of the day:

We have been shorthanded 200 times. The Pens have been shorthanded 171 times(yes, that's the team that we didn't get a PP against yesterday), and are ranked at #2 in times shorthanded. The Panthers are ranked at #20, having been shorthanded 152 times. The difference between the 2nd ranked team and the 20th ranked team is 10 less than the difference between the 2nd ranked team and us.

The Penguins are pacing to be placed in the bottom 5/10 the past few seasons.

We're pacing to be the most shorthanded team since the 2009-10 season. Let's not even go into the difference between the 2nd and 1st ranked teams.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that there is some truth in people saying that we're getting a lot of silly calls against.

Agreed. But...

We've played more games than most of the league; and

We should really measure times short vs times on PP, since if you play a more physical game, the games themselves should have more penalties.

We have had 277 minutes of PP time, ranking 7th. Minny is first at 287 minutes, Boston is last at 198 minutes. In fact, Boston ranks last in PP time vs SH time, at -66:59. But, we are right behind them, at -66:18. Those angels in Calgary have a whopping +97:42 to lead by a country mile. No wonder they are exceeding expectations.

We have also had the most third period short handed situations by a gigantic margin - 63, while most teams are in the 30s or low 40s.

Still, I do agree - we've gotten hosed way too often!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad