Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Flames - 02/04/21 - 7:00PM - TSN3, SNW

None

Feb 22, 2012
Poolman's skating again but who knows how his condition is if he actually had COVID.
Maybe we see Connor and Wheeler split up, who goes up or down is anyone's guess though. Maurice blamed the 4th man back (Connor? Is the prevailing thought) for Wheeler being out of position on Tkachuk's goal.

My guess is there's no change. Beaulieu still with Morrissey and Stanley with Demelo. Connor-Stastny-Wheeler.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Poolman's skating again but who knows how his condition is if he actually had COVID.
Maybe we see Connor and Wheeler split up, who goes up or down is anyone's guess though. Maurice blamed the 4th man back (Connor? Is the prevailing thought) for Wheeler being out of position on Tkachuk's goal.

My guess is there's no change. Beaulieu still with Morrissey and Stanley with Demelo. Connor-Stastny-Wheeler.

Wouldn't mind seeing Connor up with Scheif and Ehlers. Drop Copp to the 2nd. That lines needs all the defensive help it can get with the way Wheels is playing.

Who comes out of Pooly is good to go?

Reactions: wasup

None

Feb 22, 2012
Wouldn't mind seeing Connor up with Scheif and Ehlers. Drop Copp to the 2nd. That lines needs all the defensive help it can get with the way Wheels is playing.

That was my thought as well, but I think Connor needs just as much sheltering right now. Splitting them up might help both.

I'm mildly concerned that Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers will struggle to get the puck if they don't already have possession off an on the fly change. That line needs Scheifele to engage on the wall and both wings to be aggressive forechecking.
I'm also a little wary about how to deploy the defense with that line. Do you want safe play from Forbort-Pionk or do you want a pair that can pinch a little? I think if the forwards are kept fresh you can hold Ehlers and Connor to a high set of expectations and expect them to backcheck hard.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Looking forward to this one.
Thinking Calgary comes out flying.
I believe we weather the initial surge and have a great evening of hockey topped off with a regulation win.
GJG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad