GDT: Jets vs Coyotes • 7:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well I think the Roslovic line is the third line. I didn't mind how they looked but Jack should stay at C. He's developing nicely there and is on pace for 46 points. Wouldn't that be a good development him rounding into form as a good 2C.

4RW or 3RW, neither are C.

This would be the time to put JR at 2C and Copp back on Lowry's wing.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
To skip, or not to skip. That is the problem.

No Heinola?!!! Hey, come on Maurice!

Some fresh legs, initiative, and motivation needed there! Why not Heinola?!!! Can't possible make worse than it was already demonstrated!

I'll probably skip this, enough beers already for tonight and it is only 7:30pm here. Beside, a jinx hang upon me persistently. Better just check tomorrow morning what was Jets' winning margin. Without Heinola it will be probably 1 goal, tho.

Another bareback'n'behind OT victory after f'd up 1st period. 4-3 OT for Jets. PP won't work today, no hopes for that (haruspected from a hand). Good night!

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If it were up to you, would we be starting 6 guys who can clear the crease and no one who can move the puck?
Pionk and Morrissey can skate the puck out surprised you dont know that. Referring to ville as poor like a 18 year old who got to play a few games in the league his draft year drafted 20th is some sort of slight towards him is funny.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I don't mind keeping him out. He had a very bad game his last one out, and you have to keep the nine game limit in mind when considering if he's going to play each night.

Either you keep him or you don't leaving guys twisting in the wind is ridiculous, the real question should be is he better than guys you currently have on the roster, the eye test says yes!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Big issue I see is a lack of puck movement from the back end. We are now only dressing JoMo and Pionk who can move it well. The rest are adequate or worse.

Keeping Heinola out of Niku (injured) out really hurts our ability to move the puck quickly out if our end.

I hate to say it but Moe is seemingly going back to his comfort zone by having a number of big physical dmen in the lineup that have limitations to their games.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Oh, If the game is going to start 7.00pm of your local time, then I am looking at the thing happening in a far future. Over 11 hours to the future.

Nevermind. There is enough time to get some sense in the genius brain of our beloved coach, for he to rearrange D-roster to make some room for our even more beloved Willy The Kid.

Vets gonna ruin it all without that smile, and attitude. Hoping...

My hopes practically never actualize, tbh.

Reactions: sipowicz

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
But he had very good games previous to that one bad game :)

I think we miss his quick puck retrievals and first passes.

Wouldn't say it was a very bad game, though it was his weakest so far, and he still brings a lot to the table in terms of the quick-transition game we're supposedly building.

Three games is a long time to sit if they're planning on bringing him back in -- just about ensures that he's rusty on his eventual return and much more cautious about making the mistake(s) that could cue the next benching, none of which is ideal for a young, instinctive, offence-minded D-man.

Either you keep him or you don't leaving guys twisting in the wind is ridiculous, the real question should be is he better than guys you currently have on the roster, the eye test says yes!

I prefer to have him in. I'm just saying keeping him out isn't that much of a negative right now.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Oh, If the game is going to start 7.00pm of your local time, then I am looking at the thing happening in a far future. Over 11 hours to the future.

Nevermind. There is enough time to get some sense in the genius brain of our beloved coach, for he to rearrange D-roster to make some room for our even more beloved Willy The Kid.

Vets gonna ruin it all without that smile, and attitude. Hoping...

My hopes practically never actualize, tbh.

Thanks professor!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Maurice pre-game

Scrum topics: On inserting David Gustafsson into the lineup for his NHL debut. What can he say about Mark Letestu’s status? What has he seen from Kyle Connor’s game? What is the scouting report for the Coyotes? On Neal Pionk playing a prominent role with the Jets. What would his 700th career win mean to him? On moving around his bottom six. Special teams. Any indication as to when Bryan Little will change to a red uniform?

To listen click here.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Gametime is a little over 7 hours from now.

I see. That's bad as I'll be probably:

A) too drunken to attend
B) too drunken to attend, but attending anyway
C) too drunken, attending, and being in bad mood
D) too drunken to attend, in bad mood, and getting unnecessary attention from the moderation due misperception-induced commentary in the GDT
E) absolutely too drunken to even think about it all, and thus sleeping like a child, and missing the tragedy without Heinola being part of it
F) E + Patrik Laine making his career night of 6 points, including 8th career hat trick, but Jets losing anyway
G) Hangover will be mild if going to sleep just now, and nobody can accuse me there after I some mystic way managed to jinx it all.
H) F and G (+Heinola), Jets winning with Bareback'n'behind OT 4-3... uh.... 6-3 as otherwise Laine cannot do what F says.

I prefer options G, E, and F, but optimum would be H+E.

Let them happen, Miss Fortuna (who slaps me to the face always she can)!!!

I have full bottle of Wallonia-vodka waiting... :D lol

Reactions: kanadalainen

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Hey Gus is in, cool.

Little wearing a tinted visor - Copp briefly did this as well last year.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Big issue I see is a lack of puck movement from the back end. We are now only dressing JoMo and Pionk who can move it well. The rest are adequate or worse.

Keeping Heinola out of Niku (injured) out really hurts our ability to move the puck quickly out if our end.

I hate to say it but Moe is seemingly going back to his comfort zone by having a number of big physical dmen in the lineup that have limitations to their games.
Putting heinola in over that number 23 slug doesn't move the needle at all. Blaming Chevy for giving maurice no real options would make more sense but more fun blaming maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad