Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
cut.jpeg

CLICK TO VIEW FULL GAME NOTES

The Winnipeg Jets play the second game of a five-game homestand today against the Arizona Coyotes...The Jets opened the homestand with a 7-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday, which ended Winnipeg's three-game winning streak...The Jets continue the homestand Thursday against the New York Islanders.

Well Behaved
The Jets are leading the NHL in fewest penalty minutes per game with an average of just four penalty minutes...Winnipeg has been shorthanded 13 times compared to being on the power play 21 times...The Jets have played 13:27 more on the power play than the penalty kill this season, which leads the NHL.

One From 700
Jets head coach Paul Maurice is one victory away from 700 wins...His 699 career wins is seventh all-time in the NHL...He's third in wins among active NHL coaches, behind Joel Quenneville (891) and Barry Trotz (812)...With the Jets, Maurice is 239-165-48 for a .582 points percentage, making it his most successful NHL coaching stint...Maurice has coached 1,536 NHL games, which is sixth-most in NHL history.

Setting Things Up
Patrik Laine registered his eighth assist of the season on Sunday to become the first player in franchise history to have eight assists in the team's first seven games of a season...He leads the Jets in scoring with 11 points (3G, 8A) in seven games, which is tied for second in the NHL...With 113 goals and 82 assists in his career, Laine is on pace to have more assists than goals in a season for the first time in his career...He was selected as the NHL's Second Star of the Week on Monday after posting eight points (2G, 6A) in four games...It's the fifth time in his career he's been selected as one of the NHL's stars of the week.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Had this in the Pre-game thread , Heinola in potato out . Little in Testube out . Helly starting and Buff getting in game shape somewhere so he's back to help us with more grit .:nod:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Looking forward to my first live game of the season!

BTW, the Murat from the athletic has a great article out today about changes that could help the jets..... Most of the suggestions have been put forth here as well.

i.e. Ehlers to PP1, Split up 55/26, keep 29 with 55, go with the youth (Sami, Gus, Villes), and get Lowry some real help (as we saw late in the last game with Borque and Letestu moved to the 4th line).

I won't go into detail, as it's a paid site and that's not fair to them.

Go Jets!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wasn't there a Family Guy episode that showed the Coyote catching and eating the Roadrunner but his life went downhill after because he had no purpose anymore ? All i know is it was pretty funny , classic Family Guy stuff .:laugh:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Looking forward to my first live game of the season!

BTW, the Murat from the athletic has a great article out today about changes that could help the jets..... Most of the suggestions have been put forth here as well.

i.e. Ehlers to PP1, Split up 55/26, keep 29 with 55, go with the youth (Sami, Gus, Villes), and get Lowry some real help (as we saw late in the last game with Borque and Letestu moved to the 4th line).

I won't go into detail, as it's a paid site and that's not fair to them.

Go Jets!

Murat's impatience increasingly on display in that piece, breaking through the veneer of diplomacy -- and the comments below go even further.

Hopeful that we see some useful changes tonight but PoMo is a stubborn dude and a gifted troll, may take his time making them. Replacing one or both of Letestu and Borque altogether would be a nice start, especially if their replacements are given a game or two to bed in, and not benched after an inevitable mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad