Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Capitals Feb 19 6:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
Ugh... I'd rather not see Pavs against the Caps.

Maurice must have misunderstood Chevy's intention when he said after the Nashville game "If I see that sieve on the ice again, it better be with the Caps! Send him on the next eastbound plane!".

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
If I'm truly Jets kryptonite, watch out for our upcoming home games against the Stars next week, Sharks on St. Paddy's and Canucks on Apr. 4th. I'm also going to see them play the Wild in Minni on the 6th and the Wild have never lost a game in Minni that I've been to.

To be fair, that was only one game and it was against the Oilers and I'll be attending under drastically different conditions. It was also the Wild's final home game of the season and I also bought it before the season began but as it would be my first NHL game I wanted to get good tickets. That early in the season, all the lower level tickets cost the same price so I was able to get front row tickets to the left of the penalty box. We were on a shopping trip with another couple so only the guys went to the game in a taxi and the females kept the vehicle to do more shopping. When I got there, I found out the Wild have a special lounge for the front row seat holders that has pool tables, free beer and free snacks. I don't really remember much past the first period and I broke my camera somehow, it was a great night. This time around, I was walking into a meeting that started at the same time as presale so I just clicked best available and the purchase button on my phone. This post is verbose enoughe so I'll save the rant about ticketmaster "best available" being a scam for another day but we aren't anywhere near the front row, not even in the lower section. I'm also going to the game with a pregnant wife, a 3 year old and a 1 year old, funny what can happen in four years. I won't be able to drink as much this time so hopefully the game is worth remembering :laugh:
LOL, with 3 children, a job and a marriage, you will clearly have to give up something in order to maintain your standing on HF Jets.
I suggest staying up late after your wife goes to bed--that way you avoid time consuming activities, like sex, and you won't run the risk of making even more children to look after. :sarcasm:

Derfel*

It seems like lots of you folks happen to be in attendance for these away games. Are these coincidences of business trips and the like or are people following the team across the continent?

This one is certainly coincidence - it's "business", of sorts.

Derfel*

Maurice saying Perreault has significant injury, hopefully back by end of regular season. That's worse than I had heard (2-3 weeks minimum).

Stafford will take morning skate tomorrow.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Ouch
@ScottBilleck: Mathieu Perreault has a significant lower body injury, could be out for the rest of the regular season. #NHLJets

@pwilliamsNHL: Byfuglien will go back to forward, pending Stafford's return.

@pwilliamsNHL: Hutchinson was just maintenance per Maurice.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@ScottBilleck: Maurice said Carl Klingberg was called up because it is his understanding that he is the best in St. John's right now. #NHLJets

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Ouch
@ScottBilleck: Mathieu Perreault has a significant lower body injury, could be out for the rest of the regular season. #NHLJets

Oh well, hasn't been ruled out for playoffs.

Going on the premise that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. No doubt going to hurt our offensive production & especially our PP, but I'm sure we'll find someone from our AHL squad to fill the gap.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@Holden Caulfield - Harrison isn't injured. Getting caught in a lie like that is probably not worth it at all considering what the league would do if found to be fraudulent.
From PGT Oilers
AFAIK the Jets have said he was injured and day-to-day since the last game he played. I wouldn't suggest they make it up. That really doesn't fly. Haven't been hearing that lately because no one asks about Harrison. There is no scrum of reporters anxiously saying 'when will we finally get the much missed Harrison back?'.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/1967/jay-harrison
Jay Harrison didn't skate Monday because of an upper-body injury.
He is listed as day-to-day. Harrison probably would've been a healthy scratch even if he was healthy.
Source: Winnipeg Free Press
Feb 2 - 6:05 PM

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Maurice saying Perreault has significant injury, hopefully back by end of regular season. That's worse than I had heard (2-3 weeks minimum).

****in' Oilers...

At least Stafford isn't in the same boat

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
From PGT Oilers
AFAIK the Jets have said he was injured and day-to-day since the last game he played. I wouldn't suggest they make it up. That really doesn't fly. Haven't been hearing that lately because no one asks about Harrison. There is no scrum of reporters anxiously saying 'when will we finally get the much missed Harrison back?'.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/1967/jay-harrison
Jay Harrison didn't skate Monday because of an upper-body injury.
He is listed as day-to-day. Harrison probably would've been a healthy scratch even if he was healthy.
Source: Winnipeg Free Press
Feb 2 - 6:05 PM

Are they really that strict when it comes to IR...every player on the team could probably legitimately be put on IR for some reason or another...sucks to hear about Perreault...broken something or other is my guess.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

2-3 weeks -> end of the season. Dare I suggest what "you heard" comes from someone who doesn't know a thing? :)

Haven't heard anything about Stafford taking the morning skate, either. EDIT: Looks like Tait and a few others are reporting that he will skate, and is day-to-day.

Last edited:

Derfel*

2-3 weeks -> end of the season. Dare I suggest what "you heard" comes from someone who doesn't know a thing? :)

Haven't heard anything about Stafford taking the morning skate, either.

What my friend told me was that he heard a "minimum of 2-3 weeks", but way worse than Stafford who was likely to return on Thursday.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
@ScottBilleck: Maurice said Carl Klingberg was called up because it is his understanding that he is the best in St. John's right now. #NHLJets

I gather Cormier was recalled last time since a 4th line spot needed filling but now that a 2nd/3rd line does he gets the better player

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So, if Stafford is back in, does Buff stay on D?

I'm looking forward to seeing Klingberg. He might bring a bit of jump to the bottom 6.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-at-IcePlex-Feb-2015-300x164.jpg

Coach Maurice pre-game: Updates on Perreault/Stafford and Byfuglien/Postma playing forward. What is he going to miss the most about Perreault? Not a deep team at forward, where does this leave his team? If Klingberg plays where would he see him playing? Why call up Klingberg? How comfortable is he with his team long term or is he expecting a move? Is Hutchinson just maintenance? Status of Matt Halischuk. On the uniqueness of Dustin Byfuglien. Thoughts on Washington and specifically Ovechkin. Biggest challenge for a coach is getting a player to buy into the system? Has he done the same thing in Winnipeg? Team has done well this season overcoming injury, does that help dealing with this? Has he noticed something different in Byfuglien this year? Is there something special for a player who can understand that they can be a difference maker?

To listen click here.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
hope klingerberg takes the ball and runs with it. kind of feel with what we expect to bring up next year and the one after that this is his last shot at showing his stuff for us.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
hope klingerberg takes the ball and runs with it. kind of feel with what we expect to bring up next year and the one after that this is his last shot at showing his stuff for us.

He's been really solid every other time he's been up. Don't see this as any different. We'll see if it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad