Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hahaha! Someone in the 'Cane's pre-game thread has a bit of a bee in their bonnet. :laugh:

Play nice, y'all. :D

Puckschmuck*

Hahaha! Someone in the 'Cane's pre-game thread has a bit of a bee in their bonnet. :laugh:

Play nice, y'all. :D

Wow. The OP has anger issues. For a moment I thought I was reading a post on the Leafs board lol. Pretty sad. But let's just kick their ***** and it will make their downward spiral all that much sweeter :)

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
since they beat us up, I think a tie gives it to them. so 10-5 should be good enough. it's still nothing that they've been able to do all season, so I wouldn't expect it now.

Fairly certain this season is the first to use ROW as the primary tiebreaker, not head-to-head games. So if we finish our games in regulation/OT, not SOs, we are sitting pretty.

Correct, ROW is 1st tiebreaker, we are 3 up on WSH on that count, 2 up on CAR (although both hae games in hand so take it FWIW).

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Smooth bro, smooth. :laugh:

al-bundy3.jpg

Yeah the Carolina board seems a despondent place right now.

Hard to blame them the way the "season" has gone, combined with the high expectations after adding Stall 2 to the roster in the summer.

Last edited:

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Correct, ROW is 1st tiebreaker, we are 3 up on WSH on that count, 2 up on CAR (although both hae games in hand so take it FWIW).

yeah... but if Washington went 10-5 as suggested by the OP... they'd have the ROW too. Nonetheless... I really don't believe we have to worry about either of these teams. Just take care of our business and everything will be good.

EhlersPLDConnor

Mar 25, 2012
Winnipeg
yeah... but if Washington went 10-5 as suggested by the OP... they'd have the ROW too. Nonetheless... I really don't believe we have to worry about either of these teams. Just take care of our business and everything will be good.

Not if some of those 10 wins are SOW, however.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Not if some of those 10 wins are SOW, however.

true dat... assuming all 6 hypothetical wins for the Jets are ROW!

this game of looking at what Washington needs to do if we do whatever can go on forever. it's all moot if the Jets just win... baby. wait... no... that's the Raiders, right?

Lux Aurumque*

Thurs March 1st 2012, Winnipeg 7 Florida 0

That was a huge night. We were fighting for the SE lead then too. Just fell apart after that win though.

Let's get this done. Beat Carolina, then we play the Rags, Isles, Habs and Flyers. Three of those teams are not playoff teams, and we beat two of those three in our previous games against them. Realistically, if we beat those three teams, plus Carolina, we could very well lock up the SE championship.

Note that Carolina has a fairly easy schedule coming up (MON, WSH, TBL, NYR). Washington has an even easier schedule (BUF, PHI, CAR, NYI, FLA).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad