Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
First!

Just the latest "biggest game of the year" - a must win.

It obvious, but when we win this game, 3rd place is within lock-up distance. Even a 5-7 (and thats hard loses, no SO/OT points) minimum should be enough to win the SE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP.

Do it Jets, just do it.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
If we shoot on net and actually hit the net we will win this game! Their tender is demoralized after the loss to the leafs and Muller calling him out in his PG presser, if we get shots on goal and a little pressure he is going to crack like an egg!

Ramsalot

Rergisterd Uhrser
Jan 17, 2013
Torpronto
And thus begins the final month (I know it's still march, but shut up) full of games that are all against 'worse' teams minus two Canadians games. Half the games should be against teams who are eliminated from the playoffs and completely demoralised. SHOULD BE FUN. :yo:

jamwires

Sep 22, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
I'm going to start drinking in the parking lot for this one, because A) I want to get all over Peters if we can get one early, and B) If we lose, I'll be wasted at least, and C) I can't afford that many $8.50 beers.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Canes will be a desperate team. Jets need to go in with that mentality as well. WIN. THIS. GAME!

Go Jets Go!

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Win this and we will really hamper Carolina's chances, while increasing ours nicely.

Puckschmuck*

This is a huge game for the boys. An absolute MUST win.

Let's hope the good Jets make an appearance tomorrow :handclap:

Sly Jets Fan

Mar 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Of course, this is a big game, but I'm more worried now about Washington coming up.(The standings, I mean).

Last edited:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Of course, this is a big game, but I'm more worried now about Washington coming up.(The standings, I mean).

The Caps are a non-factor imo. They are nowhere near good enough to put up the kind of points they need to in order to become a threat.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
If the Jets go 6-6-1 to finish, the Caps have to have a record of 10-4-1 to overtake the Jets.

since they beat us up, I think a tie gives it to them. so 10-5 should be good enough. it's still nothing that they've been able to do all season, so I wouldn't expect it now.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
This is a huge game for the boys. An absolute MUST win.

Let's hope the good Jets make an appearance tomorrow :handclap:

So if they lost this game the playoffs are out of reach and the Jets are no longer favored to win the SE?

I hate the term "must win" being used to refer to games that aren't.

On the other hand, they game is a must win for Carolina.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
If we shoot on net and actually hit the net we will win this game! Their tender is demoralized after the loss to the leafs and Muller calling him out in his PG presser, if we get shots on goal and a little pressure he is going to crack like an egg!
I agree with you, Peters is quite fragile in the nets. This is the biggest game in Jets 2.0 history! When's the last time Pavs has got a shutout, may as well be tomorrow.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Fairly certain this season is the first to use ROW as the primary tiebreaker, not head-to-head games. So if we finish our games in regulation/OT, not SOs, we are sitting pretty.

since they beat us up, I think a tie gives it to them. so 10-5 should be good enough. it's still nothing that they've been able to do all season, so I wouldn't expect it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad