GDT: Jets vs Blues December 7th - "After four and before six"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I loved the Grade 5 picture...hilarious. It looks exactly like my 5th grade picture, I spent more time than I should have checking to see it if it, in fact, WAS my grade 5 picture...it's not....but I still loved it.

Me too.
I had to zoom in to get a better look but at a first glance thought I recognized a couple of people.
I guess that's what most grade 5 classes looked like in the 80's ;)

Reactions: Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Glad to see he made it to a ripe old age, it can be a rarity for wrestlers. "The Dynamite Kid" Tom Billington also died the other day, he had multiple health problems.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

That sucks. Oh well everyone said he was a jerk but he was one of my idols.
Davey Boy went way too soon, Mr Perfect too.
This is what happens when it's not the 80's anymore...

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I rewrote the following just after the Isles game...it doesn't really apply now, but its a bit of fun.

With apologies to the Pythons.

++++++++++++++++

The Jets have half a D

A one, two
A one, two, three, four

Half the Jets D, philosophically
Must, ipso facto half not be.
But half a D, has got to be
A vis-à-vis its entity, you see?

But can a D be said to be
Or not to be and entire D
When half the D is an AHL D
Due to recent injuries?

Singing

A-laa dee dee, a-one two three
The Jets have half a D
A, B, C, D, E, F, G
Stuck now with half a D

Is this wretched demi-D
Half asleep upon Helley
Freaks from the Moose menagerie?
No! Their the Jets, now with half a D

A-fiddle de dum, a-fiddle de dee
The Jets have a half a D
Hoh hoh hoh, tee hee hee
The Jets have a half a D

We love these new employees
Their corps bisected accidentally
One winter after noon, by Oleksee-ee
The Jets have a half a D

Last edited:

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So Maurice's reason for having Lemieux in over Petan is that he's a "natural left winger"?

Hmmm...
upload_2018-12-7_12-21-10.png

Also like how he prefaced that question by talking about how he's really liked Appleton and Roslovic's games because of their chemistry. Mayhaps having a left winger who will drive possession, who has played with both Appleton and Roslovic (one of the top lines in the AHL last year, if the not the top) would be beneficial?

Me no get. :huh:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Let's see a Jets 5 - 2 win and spread the love around.
A goal for Farm Boy.
A goal for Patty.
A goal for Perreault.
A goal for Apples
and a goal for Buff on his return.

Beating a team for the 4th time this season before Dec-8th would be weird.
Too bad we don't play them a 5th time.

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
So Maurice's reason for having Lemieux in over Petan is that he's a "natural left winger"?

Hmmm...
View attachment 162599

Also like how he prefaced that question by talking about how he's really liked Appleton and Roslovic's games because of their chemistry. Mayhaps having a left winger who will drive possession, who has played with both Appleton and Roslovic (one of the top lines in the AHL last year, if the not the top) would be beneficial?

He want Lemieux because he is playing on the third line with Lowry and Tanev. Maurice prefers Lemieux in that role over Petan.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He want Lemieux because he is playing on the third line with Lowry and Tanev. Maurice prefers Lemieux in that role over Petan.

Didn't Perrault pay most of those shifts last game.
Lemiuex was mainly out with Roslovic and Appleton.
It got confusing because I know Perreault played some of Lemieux's shifts.

Frickin' Lemiuex... GIVE US PETAN!
Maybe it's because he seems like a natural underdog at this point but I would love to see Petan get to play some games and find success with whoever he is playing with.

Many people see him as being expendable and that we need to trade him.
Well let's jack up his value if we are going to do that.

Reactions: GNP

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Hmmm...
View attachment 162599

What a terrible answer. Natural left winger and he plays physically.... It annoys me that the coach still hasn't figured out that non of that matters if a player can't carry his own weight on the ice... Lemieux is the Thor but somehow less impacful......

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Last game Perreault was moved up to the third line and it was a severely hampered Lemieux, Roslovic, Appleton 4th line. Assuming the same tonight...

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
It makes sense to me that Pepe should play if he is being considered/highlighted for a trade. Otherwise it is very strange imo.

Reactions: GNP

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
It's too early for them to learn a playoffs setup and some playoffs hockey mentality.

Another difficult 3rd period for the squadron, I presume.

I almost hope they will trail...

...better for us all in a long run.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Nice, 5 is my favorite number as my birthday is May 5th (5/5). Excellent giving a nod to Sonny Chiba

As I continue to go through all of my old junk while packing, I have discovered the following:

An essay I wrote in 1992 for Grade 12 English class about how to keep the Jets in Winnipeg (guess I saw the writing on the wall early, should have sent a copy to the NHL and Shenkarow :laugh:).

Numerous old newspapers about Selanne breaking the rookie scoring record and the Jets leaving for Phoenix.

My old O-Pee-Chee Hockey sticker albums from the 80s (some real gem photos in those).

One of these days I will post some pictures...

Jets fandom, a lifelong obsession

GO JETS GO
Cool my birthday is May 5th as well! Gotta love those Taurus’ Luch!

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
I predict a dominating win from our boys in a rockin phonebooth tonight. It seems that Friday nights bring out the best (worst?) in our fanbase! ;)

P.S. I was going to post these exact same sentiments... I thought for sure that was my old class photo from grade 5! :laugh:

No reference to the holy hand grenade, Jeff ????

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
What a terrible answer. Natural left winger and he plays physically.... It annoys me that the coach still hasn't figured out that non of that matters if a player can't carry his own weight on the ice... Lemieux is the Thor but somehow less impacful......

If you take everything pomo says at face value, you must think he really loves Niku, as he wasn’t sure if Sami was more of a Lidstrom or a Housley in terms of offensive upside..

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If you take everything pomo says at face value, you must think he really loves Niku, as he wasn’t sure if Sami was more of a Lidstrom or a Housley in terms of offensive upside..

He didn't compare Niku to either just used them as examples how defenseman can generate offense differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad