GDT: Jets vs Blues April 12, Game - 2 "Revenge of the"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Must win game. Win tonight and we are back in the drivers seat since I expect we will win at least one game in St. Louis. But a loss tonight will be devastating and mean the series is over.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I think if we don't get it done tonight we gotta reunite TLC. Reconfigure the lines to allow for that and sick them on the top line. Get CSW (or whatever that line would be away from the head to head). Harder to do without last change but not impossible.
I wouldn't mind seeing Laine moved to the top line tonight with Wheeler and Scheifele.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think if we don't get it done tonight we gotta reunite TLC. Reconfigure the lines to allow for that and sick them on the top line. Get CSW (or whatever that line would be away from the head to head). Harder to do without last change but not impossible.

I wouldn't mind seeing Laine moved to the top line tonight with Wheeler and Scheifele.

since Scheif and wheeler wont be split.. ideally we'd go with..

Laine - Scheif - Wheels (Bozak)
Connor - Hayes - Ehlers (Barbashev)
Copp - Lowry - Tanev (ROR)
Perreault - Little - Lindholm (Sundqvist))

CLT takes on the ROR line. Hayes and the speedy wingers take on the Barbashev line which really frees them up but limits their ice time 5v5. Scheif and Wheels go after Bozak and Little's line is tasked with shutting down Sundqvist, Perron and Schwartz

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Why wait?

This team gives off a vibe like "the house hasn't burned down yet so don't run just because the house is on fire."

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada

CLT takes on the ROR line. Hayes and the speedy wingers take on the Barbashev line which really frees them up but limits their ice time 5v5. Scheif and Wheels go after Bozak and Little's line is tasked with shutting down Sundqvist, Perron and Schwartz

If we're going to go with that configuration Roslovic would make more sense over Lindholm.

But I don't see Mo changing the lines (outside of the Tanev return) unless we get down by 2 or more.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I don’t really like Lindholm in favour of Roslovic, but if they put that line out against O’Reilly, I can at least see the argument for it. I doubt Maurice decides to keep Scheifele away from O’Reilly, though and then we end up with the shutdown line out there against a line that ultimately isn’t very threatening.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
I more meant I don't see Maurice making any big switches just yet. Not that he shouldn't make them.
Yeah I agree.

Maurice/Wheeler's press conferences:
giphy.gif

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I more meant I don't see Maurice making any big switches just yet. Not that he shouldn't make them.

I don't really think our issue was all matchups. We played perhaps the most energetic 40 minutes of hockey we have seen from this squad this year. They looked absolutely gassed in the 3rd. The hits stopped, they couldn't get out cleanly. When your gassed the brain just shuts down and you go into "going through the motions" mode. We have to come out hard but pace ourselves. Plus we just need to convert on some more of our chances. Binnington was a wall last game. We need to solve him.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Why is Darren Millard doing Jets TV? I understood he left Sportsnet for other opportunities, but this seems like a massive demotion.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don’t really like Lindholm in favour of Roslovic, but if they put that line out against O’Reilly, I can at least see the argument for it. I doubt Maurice decides to keep Scheifele away from O’Reilly, though and then we end up with the shutdown line out there against a line that ultimately isn’t very threatening.

More conservative coaching by Moe. A game after only being able to score only a single goal and not generate a crazy amount of chances our coach elects to take out a more talented offensive player for a player with absolutely zero offense.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I’m assuming this means it’s a full-on checking line against the Blues top line. Will be interesting. I also called it, for the record.

I'm wondering if the Jets will give Lowry that much ice-time to match up against the Blues' top line. In that case, which line gets shorted on the ice-time? Hayes? Little?

It seems that they have a weird roster composition now. Another option would have been to put a solid defensive LW with Scheifele/Wheeler and run them against ROR's line...

Something like this:

9-55-26
85-18-29
81-12-27
13-17-28

That would give the Jets speed and punch throughout the line-up, and they could have a main match-up of Scheifele vs. ROR with Copp on LW.

Another option is to reunite CLT and try to shut down ROR that way.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
May Binnington shyte the bed with the grace of a dog.

HaHa love this! But Helly needs to outplay him. We can't be out-goalied to have any hope.

Not blaming Helly for game 1 but he needs to stand on his head and make a couple like the Binnington on Scheif save. Steal at least one goal away from the Blues because in one goal games that's the difference.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Whileee

May 29, 2010

This works for me.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Why is Darren Millard doing Jets TV? I understood he left Sportsnet for other opportunities, but this seems like a massive demotion.

I've been wondering this also. I'm thinking he didn't leave Sportsnet quite so willingly (perhaps they couldn't come to an agreement on a new contract?). He's probably doing JetsTV just as something to keep busy IMO, and not as a long-term gig.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I've been wondering this also. I'm thinking he didn't leave Sportsnet quite so willingly (perhaps they couldn't come to an agreement on a new contract?). He's probably doing JetsTV just as something to keep busy IMO, and not as a long-term gig.
That makes more sense. Millard comes across as a little awkward on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad