Proposal: Jets trades

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
That's a lot more than Muzzin went for and he had another year on him. Has Stone won any Selke's for that 2 way game?
More than Nashville or Vegas is offering. Tolvanen and a 1st is = to Ves and a 1st neither prospect has done anything in NHL. So most we should add is a 3rd, not Stanley.

Because Jake f***ing Muzzin is comparable to Stone. Who cares if he has an extra year on his deal, you're getting a top5 winger in the game for a cup run.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
That's a lot for Stone
MP is one of the jets most versatile players who can play in your top 6 or your bottom 6. Vesalainen is a future top 6 forward and they're giving up Petan AND a 2nd?
For a rental?
What kind of charity proposal is this

You're delusional. Nick Petan isn't cracking your top9, but he's just SO valuable to the Jets. You also don't want to give up a prospect "and a 2nd"? Ok, then have fun with Laine scoring 0 goals, and getting some scuffed rental. Perhaps you're more interested in a Brian Boyle for a 2nd.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
WAY too much for Stone. Vesa isn't going anywhere.

Put in a 1st, Petan and some medium level prospect and that'll do it.

Then just get Hayes for a conditional 2nd that could turn into a 1st and Appleton once the market on him dries up.

If a 1st, Petan and some medium level prospect willl do it, you think that's the best offer? Some comparable offers...

Nashville: 1st, Gaudreau, "some medium level prospect"
Calgary: 1st, Lazar (lol), "some medium level prospect"

...you should get the idea.

Those and every other teams can beat that offer relatively easily. If you need me to break it down for you further.
1)Nic Petan has little value
2)Winnipeg isnt entitled to Mark Stone

Reactions: LeProspector

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You're delusional. Nick Petan isn't cracking your top9, but he's just SO valuable to the Jets. You also don't want to give up a prospect "and a 2nd"? Ok, then have fun with Laine scoring 0 goals, and getting some scuffed rental. Perhaps you're more interested in a Brian Boyle for a 2nd.

MP equals Mathieu Perrault, Not Nic Petan.
He can play on any top 6 or bottom 6
Vesalainen is a future top 6er.
So yeah keep stone if you believe giving up all that is equal for a rental lol

Last edited:

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
I'm pretty sure Sens fans are going to be disappointed in the end what they get... cause what they are expecting sure isn't going to happen.

Reactions: Meeqs and Snowman

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Welcome to the make your own trade combo menu.
Please choose 1 protein.... WPG 2019 1st or Vesalainen
Add 1 vegetable................ Appleton, Stanley, WPG 2019 2nd*
Add 1 starch..................... Petan, Comrie
Optional Desert............... Perreault

*wpg 2019 2nd only available if vesalainen is chosen as protein.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
We certainly can't sell the cupboard for Stone so if his price is too much, we can certainly move on to a guy like Hayes.

Stone would be a huge addition though.

1st
2nd
Petan
Niku
Stanley
Appleton

Some combination of the above.

Maybe, if management feels confident, they will look at including a Roslovic or Vesalainen. None of this 1st + Roslo + Stanley + Niku business......how many first rounders do you expect for a rental?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
We certainly can't sell the cupboard for Stone so if his price is too much, we can certainly move on to a guy like Hayes.

Stone would be a huge addition though.

1st
2nd
Petan
Niku
Stanley
Appleton

Some combination of the above.

Maybe, if management feels confident, they will look at including a Roslovic or Vesalainen. None of this 1st + Roslo + Stanley + Niku business......how many first rounders do you expect for a rental?
With Trouba leaving, Myers likey going to price himself off the team, and Kulikov needed to move for cap space, Jets can’t afford to give up promising, young, cheap D. I dont see Chevy moving Niku.
Roslovic or Vesa are only options as substitutions of the 1st round pick or if the deal is for an extended Stone.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
With Trouba leaving, Myers likey going to price himself off the team, and Kulikov needed to move for cap space, Jets can’t afford to give up promising, young, cheap D. I dont see Chevy moving Niku.
Roslovic or Vesa are only options as substitutions of the 1st round pick or if the deal is for an extended Stone.

It's a desperate move if they move niku for a rental imo..or they have some better and cheaper defenseman in the works

Last edited:
Reactions: thegr8one66

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Jets offer up 2nd pick, Nick Petan, vasalainen and Perreault
To Sens for Stone
Jets then trade Comrie and logan Stanley
To wild for Charlie Coyle
Too much for Stone. Take out Vesalainen and Perreault, then change the 2nd to a first and throw in a mid-level prospect like Spacek.

Not enough for Coyle (He's not a pending UFA, right?). I don't see why Coyle would be available or why Minnesota would trade him to a division rival.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If a 1st, Petan and some medium level prospect willl do it, you think that's the best offer? Some comparable offers...

Nashville: 1st, Gaudreau, "some medium level prospect"
Calgary: 1st, Lazar (lol), "some medium level prospect"

...you should get the idea.

Those and every other teams can beat that offer relatively easily. If you need me to break it down for you further.
1)Nic Petan has little value
2)Winnipeg isnt entitled to Mark Stone

I don't think many teams will be offering a 1st, nor do I have much of any faith in PD to win many deals.

I think it will come down to the best prospect or combination of 2 middle quality pieces that Ott prefers. I would say Petan is more valuable than either Gaudreau or Lazar. If you want another medium level prospect then I don't see that being too much of an issue.

Also neutral fan here btw.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Too much for Stone. Take out Vesalainen and Perreault, then change the 2nd to a first and throw in a mid-level prospect like Spacek.

Not enough for Coyle (He's not a pending UFA, right?). I don't see why Coyle would be available or why Minnesota would trade him to a division rival.
I don't think anyone on the Wild is unavailable except for the NMC guys. The fact that Coyle can play C and RW and has a low cap hit puts him a little lower on my personal trade bait list, but I'm sure he could be had. Trading him within the division might be a harder sell but I really have no idea how Fenton feels about it.

I agree that Comrie and Stanley don't make a lot of sense for us, though.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
You are not getting Hayes for a conditional 2nd and Appleton , change to a 2nd and vesa or a 1st and Petan .

While he is on the edge, I don't see Hayes getting a 1st. Maybe a conditional 2nd but I think his value has been overrated pretty significantly on here.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I don't think many teams will be offering a 1st, nor do I have much of any faith in PD to win many deals.

I think it will come down to the best prospect or combination of 2 middle quality pieces that Ott prefers. I would say Petan is more valuable than either Gaudreau or Lazar. If you want another medium level prospect then I don't see that being too much of an issue.

Also neutral fan here btw.

From a Jets fan perspective. If we could get a 1st round pick for Ladd who was a .6 ppg player, 30 and a UFA....I think Stone can easily garner a 1st.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012

Jets should trade Laine now if he’s never going to score again.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
We're not trading Stanley.

I'd give up 1st, 2nd (20) Niku and Petan for Stone and Borowecki, with Ottawa's 3rd or 4th

And a 3rd for Colin Wilson

The Jets tried to trade Stanley last year for Statsny lol

He’s been horrible and his true value is via trade.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
From a Jets fan perspective. If we could get a 1st round pick for Ladd who was a .6 ppg player, 30 and a UFA....I think Stone can easily garner a 1st.

There is no doubt he will get a 1st and a few other pieces, the point is that there will only be a few teams offering up 1sts this year and that will limit huge returns.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I don't think anyone on the Wild is unavailable except for the NMC guys. The fact that Coyle can play C and RW and has a low cap hit puts him a little lower on my personal trade bait list, but I'm sure he could be had. Trading him within the division might be a harder sell but I really have no idea how Fenton feels about it.

I agree that Comrie and Stanley don't make a lot of sense for us, though.
Staal would be my first choice at the TD.
A 2nd and Comrie should do it?

Reactions: Slomo

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
MP equals Mathieu Perrault, Not Nic Petan.
He can play on any top 6 or bottom 6
Vesalainen is a future top 6er.
So yeah keep stone if you believe giving up all that is equal for a rental lol

Perreault has a 5-team NTC. He's not being traded.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The Jets tried to trade Stanley last year for Statsny lol

He’s been horrible and his true value is via trade.

We don't agree on this at all. I think he has a future in Winnipeg, playing a physical brand of hockey that is espoused by our coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad