Proposal: Jets Trade up or down?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If we are talking Flyers they wherent that bad all they need is more depth at offense and a little at D, I think Little and Myers would get it done. The Devils just want to restart the Franchise with a new face beside Hall. I'd offer up Roslovic, Myers, maybe Litte and our First, if we really wanted Patrick.

Myers and little thats all

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If they can get a young NHL player, then I'm all for moving it.

Brannstrom, Poehling or Foote would be my pick at 13, but they may not all be there. Liljgren or Rasmussen may be, but they scare me a lot.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Myers and little thats all

If that got it done I'd do so.
But this is raw on both sides, Devils fans and organization want a dazzling flashy re-start to they're system of play and Francchise, while the Jets are looking for who's the best fit and best player for the team the have already assembled(I would take Patrick or Hischier any year after they're rookie season against Little, IMO) which might be a young top notch type talent(ie. Patrick or Hischier) but even that might be to much. But this team would be the team to be reckoned with if they some how got or traded for either of these picks.

Last edited:

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I really doubt that they'll trade it outright. Might trade up or down, but the Jets organizational philosophy will always focus on drafting and developing to sustain a long term competitive team.

Agreed. I think the way the lottery played out will lead to a flurry of draft floor trades after maybe the top 3 picks. Vancouver, Colorado, Arizona and Vegas may be missing out on their top guys and figure a trade down won't be any worse.

I'm actually liking the possibilities that may present itself. Jets have a surplus of assets to use as sweeteners to help get it done.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I don't believe for a second that the Flyers seriously consider trading that pick especially if it's Patrick that's available there. He would fit that team perfectly.

Trading into the top 2 or 3 is just fantasy talk. Moving up 5 or 6 spots is more realistic yet still probably tricky to get done.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If that got it done I'd do so.
But this is raw on both sides, Devils fans and organization want a dazzling flashy re-start to they're system of play and Francchise, while the Jets are looking for who's the best fit and best player for the team the have already assembled(I would take Patrick or Hischier any year after they're rookie season against Little, IMO) which might be a young top notch type talent(ie. Patrick or Hischier) but even that might be to much. But this team would be the team to be reckoned with if they some how got or traded for either of these picks.

little will score 60 points for the next 5 years. myers is a big piece of this team that was missed dearly losing them for a 18 year old who might not have gone top 5 last year is a huge step backwards. no thanks.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd move back. If we could move back to later first while grabbing an additional 2nd I'd take it. Snag Timmins, Skinner and someone like Mattheos would be a kill on the draft floor IMO. This year is one of those drafts where moving back from our spot could be beneficial I think. Unless one of the good guys is available at 13.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'd move back. If we could move back to later first while grabbing an additional 2nd I'd take it. Snag Timmins, Skinner and someone like Mattheos would be a kill on the draft floor IMO. This year is one of those drafts where moving back from our spot could be beneficial I think. Unless one of the good guys is available at 13.

Ya it seems like a good year to just wait and see who is available at the pick and if no one they really like is still available then trading down would make sense.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I don't like trading Little. If it were our 13th, Myers, Peta/Dano and Roslo, I would be okay with it.
The team went into turmoil last season when Little went down. It affected the lineup drastically. We need to keep Little.

pictman

Mar 7, 2012
pictish hills
little will score 60 points for the next 5 years. myers is a big piece of this team that was missed dearly losing them for a 18 year old who might not have gone top 5 last year is a huge step backwards. no thanks.

Exactly!Why would we start gutting the team for a injury prone player who may or may not be a NHL player .The Jets are close,they need tweaks not slash and burn.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I would trade for Tampa or other mid drafting team first for jets first in 2018. Be nice to get 2 dmen in first round.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Don't think the draft stock is enticing enough to either spend the assets to move up, or to entice other teams to do so.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Is 13th overall, Myers, Phillips and Poolman enough for 1st overall?

Wow really, they say start with Trouba.

Devils don´t need goalies, they don´t need meh prospects and dont need injury prone D-man closer to 30 then 20..
Would you trade the Laine pick for lesser pieces?

Flyers would say Ehlers or Connor+ atleast for their pick..

Be realistic.. no team trade top prospects for lesser pieces

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If they can get a young NHL player, then I'm all for moving it.

Brannstrom, Poehling or Foote would be my pick at 13, but they may not all be there. Liljgren or Rasmussen may be, but they scare me a lot.

Can't agree on Liljegren. The shine may have come off Liljegren for some, but IMO him dropping to 13th just may be our big break this draft. His skating is elite as well as his puck movement.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
If we could get a good return, we should trade down. This draft is the weakest draft in recent memory. We may luck out at #13, like we did with Morrissey, but I would love to have a top LHD defenseman and a journeyman goalie who could challenge Helle for the job in exchange for our 1st round pick.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Can't agree on Liljegren. The shine may have come off Liljegren for some, but IMO him dropping to 13th just may be our big break this draft. His skating is elite as well as his puck movement.

Liljegren is a great skater and soft hands.....BUT he has a weak shot and questionable hockey smarts for a first round draft pick. I'd rather not roll the dice on another defenseman. We already did that with Stanley last draft.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Liljegren is a great skater and soft hands.....BUT he has a weak shot and questionable hockey smarts for a first round draft pick. I'd rather not roll the dice on another defenseman. We already did that with Stanley last draft.

I don't see it as a roll of the dice rather good fortune that one of the top 2 defenseman went a bit off the radar after dealing with mono.

This seems like a pretty good summary from what I have read.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2017/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Timothy-Liljegren

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015

weak shot? his shot is deadly as hell from what i've seen. also don't think his IQ is really questionable. he thinks the game very well offensively just needs to improve on the defensive side like most offensive players do..

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
weak shot? his shot is deadly as hell from what i've seen. also don't think his IQ is really questionable. he thinks the game very well offensively just needs to improve on the defensive side like most offensive players do..

Recrutes did a scouting report on him and it wasn't too high on him. Shoots from everywhere regardless of placement and shot wasn't strong. Everything I've read from the scouting report makes me nervous.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Recrutes did a scouting report on him and it wasn't too high on him. Shoots from everywhere regardless of placement and shot wasn't strong. Everything I've read from the scouting report makes me nervous.

Maybe read some other ones? Either way not much of a chance he drops to 13. That is just hoping.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I'd dangle the 13th and Dano/Petan to move up a few spots to get a player who's high on their list that may be sliding. Crossing my fingers that Liljgren lands in our laps at 13 (this years Chychrun).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00