Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I'd like to grab a player like

1. Heiskanen
2. Mittlestadt
3. Makar
4. Glass
but I think they will all be gone well before we pick.
Not even sure it would be worth the price it would cost to move up for any of these players.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Wrap it up in a trade for Muzzin. LA's new management might be inclined to let him go for a pick and a player and or prospect. He's a really good LHD that would push Enstrom down to 3rd pairing and solidy our left hand side. He is signed at 4m per for the next 3 seasons and is 28 years old.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Wrap it up in a trade for Muzzin. LA's new management might be inclined to let him go for a pick and a player and or prospect. He's a really good LHD that would push Enstrom down to 3rd pairing and solidy our left hand side. He is signed at 4m per for the next 3 seasons and is 28 years old.

I very much like this train of thought! He'd work great with us.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Is 13th overall, Myers, Phillips and Poolman enough for 1st overall?

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Taylor Hall feels a familiar shiver as his team wins a first overall pick.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Oh please make it so Chevy!

The Devils need a good D man more than a center...they have Zajac and Zacha. Myers and Poolman will shape up their D corps immediately with Phillips being a B or C prospect goalie and they still have the 13th too.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
This draft is really meh for me. The lottery results just adds to my malaise.

I hope Chevy uses this pick to get a regular NHL player to add to our young core.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
For some reason I see us trading up in the draft this year.

Hoping we get Valimaki so bad!

Don't think you'd need to trade up for Valimaki. I could see them trading down, though. Maybe for Brannstrom or Poehling or even Vaakanainen. I also wonder about trading a player like Dano straight up for a lower 1st if they get Enstrom to waive and go 7-3-1, with Dano as the 8th forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few "surprises" in the top 12, like Vesalainen, Kostin, Suzuki. I'd be very surprised if there aren't a couple of "consensus" top 12 players available at 13.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
No. Flyers, New Jersey* would want a ton for Patrick or Hischier. They really need a top young C.

If we are talking Flyers they wherent that bad all they need is more depth at offense and a little at D, I think Little and Myers would get it done. The Devils just want to restart the Franchise with a new face beside Hall. I'd offer up Roslovic, Myers, maybe Litte and our First, if we really wanted Patrick.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I have a feeling that we are going to trade that 13th pick.

I really doubt that they'll trade it outright. Might trade up or down, but the Jets organizational philosophy will always focus on drafting and developing to sustain a long term competitive team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad