We are D & D organization
Draft and Develop not Draft and Deplete,
I say keep the picks and trade 55

Reactions: macmaroon

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Nothing better than a draft and develop team trading their draft and developed player.
It sounds like a change of scenery is really what he wants.
Probably better for both parties.
All good things come to an end.
It’s time.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Be careful what you wish for- last time the Jets had 2 first round picks and made a trade with the Flyers to move up in the 1st round it was in 2016 when they traded up with Flyers to draft Stanley.

We traded our 1st round pick (22nd overall) and 2nd round pick (36th overall) to essentially get Logan Stanley.

Who did Philadelphia draft 22nd and 36th overall? Two players that have four NHL career games total. I'd take Stanley over what Philadelphia got.

Reactions: Cypruss

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
We traded our 1st round pick (22nd overall) and 2nd round pick (36th overall) to essentially get Logan Stanley.

Who did Philadelphia draft 22nd and 36th overall? Two players that have four NHL career games total. I'd take Stanley over what Philadelphia got.

There were many other options for the Jets other than the guys Philly drafted. Many teams drafted after the Jets and got good NHL players. Maybe if the Jets keep both their picks they use aleast one of those picks on one of Kyrou/Tage Thompson/Girard/Dube/Adam Fox/De Brincat or some other successful NHL player.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Some times trading back works. Detroit moved in 2013 for mantha and bertuzzi, and sjs selected Mueller with the original pick.
I think in the late teens - early 2nd the prospect gap isn't huge (on average), rather have two shots than 1.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
There were many other options for the Jets other than the guys Philly drafted. Many teams drafted after the Jets and got good NHL players. Maybe if the Jets keep both their picks they use aleast one of those picks on one of Kyrou/Tage Thompson/Girard/Dube/Adam Fox/De Brincat or some other successful NHL player.

We moved up in the first and gave up a second but got a third back. Who would the Jets have drafted if they didn’t trade with Philly? Who knows. Sure, some good players available and a lot of duds. It’s a crap shoot… just like Philly found out with the dreck they drafted with the Jets picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad