jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
P0SoS45.jpg

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Looking forward to seeing some grit on the third line... :sarcasm:

Agreed... the only real thing that our "4th" line has going against it is inexperience, but I hope that PMo gives them some time. Maybe Burmi can give the line some possession opportunities (they were always chasing with Thor out there..), dishes to Petan on the wall/behind the net, gets open, Copp parks his ass in front of the net... in theory it could be great.

Now on the other line... Thor is Thor, Lowry hasn't been great to start, and Stafford has probably been the most consistent.

Whatever it takes, let's win!

Also - it'll be interesting to see if Petan sits against the Preds or Blues coming up. Maybe Maurice can learn at least one lesson...?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hate to say MUST WIN so early in the season .... but this is a MUST WIN !! I would like to see Ehlers get a shot with Little and Wheeler , just to see if it woke Ladd up playing on the 2nd line .

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Thanks for the GDT jetsforever!

So, is this the game we put together 60 good minutes of hockey? Be interesting to see what comes out of the line blender.

Yikes! What's Thorburn doing to that guy in the 3rd picture? :amazed:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
well boys, let's see what yer made of!

...my trepidation is even more disquieting than it was for the last game. :scared:

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Trouba, Lowry and Stafford need to step it up, big time. Burmi and Petan need to take advantage of each other's skills and provide a '4th' line that can play 10+ minutes while pushing the play forward.

Thor will probably score a fluke goal totally justifying his 'promotion' to the '3rd' line.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Q: which is now the 4th line?

Petan - Copp - Burmi
Thor - Lowry - Stafford

Should be interesting to see the TOI after this game. Did Sniper get a promotion / Burmi a demotion, or did Lowry and Stafford get a demotion?

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Jets beat Toronto. Toronto beat Dallas. Therefore Jets shoot down the stars. It's science, or something like that...

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Q: which is now the 4th line?

Petan - Copp - Burmi
Thor - Lowry - Stafford

Should be interesting to see the TOI after this game. Did Sniper get a promotion / Burmi a demotion, or did Lowry and Stafford get a demotion?

I recall an interview on 1290 from a few years ago where either Hnidy or JP Vigier stated Jets players didn't like playing on a line with Burmistrov because they never knew what he was going to do with the puck, that he didn't move it when expected. That is exactly the case; he holds onto the puck too long and kills the play.

I'd term the line changes as Petan and Copp getting the short end of the stick.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I recall an interview on 1290 from a few years ago where either Hnidy or JP Vigier stated Jets players didn't like playing on a line with Burmistrov because they never knew what he was going to do with the puck, that he didn't move it when expected. That is exactly the case; he holds onto the puck too long and kills the play.

I'd term the line changes as Petan and Copp getting the short end of the stick.

I think that may have been a somewhat fair assessment 3 years ago. This year, I'd disagree. His holding on to the puck too long is people seeing what they remember seeing, for the most part.

Maybe putting thor with stafford and lowry will jumpstart their below average play this year (lowry)/last 6 games or so (stafford), but color me skeptical.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Stafford has been reminding me of EKane the past few games, just without the speed / intensity. Skates into the zone down the wing, fires wrister at the goalie, rinse + repeat.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Good job on the GDT! Thorburn's going to do something rude to their defensemen. Jets thrive when perceived as the underdog. All v-cash in! Go :jets Go!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
4th line Jesus has risen to 3rd line Jesus. Christ Horburn our dear lord and saviour. Deliver us a win from the stars. And score us the goals.
Amen

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Thorburn to create more offense?

Points per 60 since 2011-12:
Stafford 1.80
Burmi 1.17
Lowry 1.16
Thorburn 1.13

Even more important, On-Ice G/60:
Stafford 2.23
Burmistrov 2.09
Lowry 1.84
Thorburn 1.78

That said, I don't mind the swap. Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad