News Article: Jets sign Logan Shaw to one-year, two-way contract

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Jets sign Logan Shaw to one-year, two-way contract

The Winnipeg Jets announced today they have agreed to terms with forward Logan Shaw to a one-year, two-way contract worth an average annual value of $675,000 in the NHL.

Shaw, 26, has played seven games for the San Diego Gulls of the AHL this season and has five points (2G, 3A) and six penalty minutes. The native of Glace Bay, N.S. has played for three different NHL teams, including 72 games between Anaheim and Montreal in 2017-18 when he had 14 points (4G, 10A) and 12 PIMs. Shaw has played 180 career NHL games for the Canadiens, Ducks, and Panthers and has 31 points (12G, 19A) and 35 PIMs and he also played in 12 playoff games. He has also played for four different AHL teams since turning pro in 2013-14 and has played in 156 games and recorded 58 points (31G, 27A) and 61 PIMs.

Shaw was originally drafted by the Florida Panthers in the third round (76th overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

On waivers, so likely a signing for the Moose, not for the pressbox.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Must be for the Moose...

I'm not sure I see the point of this. The Moose already have comparable vets like him in White, Everberg and McGinn. By my count the Moose have 12-14 players who could be playing in the top 9 in the AHL. This scarcity of ice time isn't exactly good for the young Jets prospects.

All that said Shaw is a good player at the AHL level and when you have Girard, Everberg, and McGinn only brining a combined 6 points in 35 games then maybe a shake up with the vets is needed.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Must be for the Moose...

I'm not sure I see the point of this. The Moose already have comparable vets like him in White, Everberg and McGinn. By my count the Moose have 12-14 players who could be playing in the top 9 in the AHL. This scarcity of ice time isn't exactly good for the young Jets prospects.

All that said Shaw is a good player at the AHL level and when you have Girard, Everberg, and McGinn only brining a combined 6 points in 35 games then maybe a shake up with the vets is needed.

Could be they are trying to make the team better to attract fans? Doesn't ever look like many people are there.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Is he a feasible 4th liner for the big club? Roslovic hasn't even played 10 minutes in his two November games combined. Rather him keep developing his game with and without the puck, on special teams too with the Moose so he's ready and conditioned when we really need him to work into the top 9/top 6 than the role he's playing now. IMO this crap will limit his ceiling.

Reactions: 204hockey

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Phase 1: Collect Logans.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit.

I think the Jets need to read the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.

latest

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Must be for the Moose...

Maybe the young guys aren't having trouble getting the minutes?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Is he a feasible 4th liner for the big club? Roslovic hasn't even played 10 minutes in his two November games combined. Rather him keep developing his game with and without the puck, on special teams too with the Moose so he's ready and conditioned when we really need him to work into the top 9/top 6 than the role he's playing now. IMO this crap will limit his ceiling.
holy moly, check your blood pressure lately?
so many people reading into a minor-league signing and going nuts.
really, now, guys...aren't we better (and smarter?) than this?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
That 4th line looked pretty good tonight. Hopefully this signing is strictly for AHL purposes, although I'd rather see prospects getting more minutes than vets with limited ceiling.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Seriously what are you even talking about? Rosie's ceiling is limited by a Moose signing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad