Confirmed with Link: Jets Sign Juho Olkinuora

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
His stats look pretty good, even though the sample size is a bit limited. Keep an eye on this guy, I could see him working his way up and backing up Pavelec within a couple years.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Free signing, like others have said his stats look pretty good.

Who knows, maybe one day he'll take over Pavelec? One can hope we can upgrade our goalie for free, although the chances aren't very good.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Free prospect, not complaining in the least.

Anyone have the scope on him?
I don't think there is such thing as "free" signing. You've got 50 contract spots. You have to use them carefully, especially with goalies.

With that said, I think this kid has some decent potential. Even though not the biggest frame.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
Anyone find it ironic that his Jersey number is 31 just like Pavs?

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Sounds pretty reasonable as a guy to play in the A/ECHL..

Jets are pretty lacking in terms of pro goalie depth, good thing to add.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't think there is such thing as "free" signing. You've got 50 contract spots. You have to use them carefully, especially with goalies.

With that said, I think this kid has some decent potential. Even though not the biggest frame.

We had only 2 goalies likely to be retained for next year (Pavelec and Pasquale), with 0 goalies close to being ready to turn pro. We needed the depth.

Honestly it's rare that a prospect avoids my knowledge, at least in passing, but this is a guy I simply did not know. Looks like a solid prospect though, likely either the backup in St. John's or starter in Colorado next year.

Competition for pavelec I guess

Uh... no. Not even CLOSE. :laugh:

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
We had only 2 goalies likely to be retained for next year (Pavelec and Pasquale), with 0 goalies close to being ready to turn pro. We needed the depth.

Honestly it's rare that a prospect avoids my knowledge, at least in passing, but this is a guy I simply did not know. Looks like a solid prospect though, likely either the backup in St. John's or starter in Colorado next year.

Uh... no. Not even CLOSE. :laugh:

thatsthejoke.jpg

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Yes 50 contract spots, but you basically need 4 of those for goalies correct? Dekanich has a two-way. So does Carozzi. It's also nice to have one or two in the college system, so you don't have to give them a contract right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad